Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/191

IKEA U.S. and Electrify America announce collaboration for ultra-fast public and fleet charging at over 25 IKEA retail locations

Rivian R1T R1S Electrify America will install ultrafast EV chargers at over 25 IKEA US locations Small-914-IKEAU.S.andElectrifyAmericaannouncecollaborationforultra-fastpublicandfleetcharginga

August 11, 2022

IKEA U.S. will quadruple its total number of electric vehicle chargers, a big step toward the IKEA global circular and climate positive goals

Conshohocken, PA – August 11, 2022 – To help reach the IKEA ambition to become a circular and climate positive business by 2030, IKEA U.S. today announced a collaboration with Electrify America and Electrify Commercial to bring ultra-fast public charging stations and delivery fleet electric vehicle (EV) charging to over 25 IKEA retail locations throughout the U.S. This joint effort will enable IKEA U.S. to quadruple its total number of EV chargers, which supports the goal of achieving zero-emission home deliveries by 2025 and halving relative emissions from customer and co-worker travel by 2030.

“At IKEA, we believe that we must work together with our partners to tackle climate change and create solutions for a greener future. This collaboration with Electrify America will not only bring ultra-fast public chargers to our stores for the first time but it will also help us take a big leap as we work towards our targets to become circular and climate positive,” said Javier Quiñones, CEO & Chief Sustainability Officer, IKEA U.S. “We look forward to continuing to innovate around new ways we can make our everyday lives more sustainable.”

In total, there will be more than 200 individual ultra-fast chargers offering the fastest charging speeds available today – 150kW to 350kW – at IKEA retail locations in 18 states including in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington. The first locations are expected to open in late 2022 and be completed by the end of 2023.

For its EV delivery fleet, IKEA selected Electrify Commercial, Electrify America’s business unit designed to help deliver turnkey electric vehicle charging solutions, to provide more than 225 individual chargers across the sites. This is the first time Electrify America and Electrify Commercial are installing both public and fleet chargers at the same time for a project.

“We are excited to establish both public and commercial fleet charging stations with IKEA – a brand that shares our goal of a more sustainable future,” said Giovanni Palazzo, president and CEO of Electrify America. “Through this collaboration, Electrify America, Electrify Commercial and IKEA U.S. are leading a path forward for customers and businesses toward zero-emission transportation.”

Since opening its first charging station in May 2018, Electrify America has set a rapid pace for its network expansion, opening an average of nearly four stations per week. Currently, Electrify America has more than 800 stations and 3,500 individual chargers open with plans to expand to 1,800 charging stations comprised of 10,000 individual chargers in the United States and Canada by 2026.
Sponsored

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
Swedish meatballs an ice cream and back on the road. Wahooo.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

WalnutFarmer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tesla P85, GMC Yukon, Chevy Silverado
Although I welcome more fast chargers anywhere, my "Adventure Vehicle" isn't taking adventures to IKEA. I am waiting for the news that there will be chargers at trailheads, national parks, campgrounds, etc. So far, my adventures have been limited to 150 mile radius trips and one day camping or I end up running out of juice and can't get home.
Rivian and other EV companies need to pressure charging networks to up their game.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Although I welcome more fast chargers anywhere, my "Adventure Vehicle" isn't taking adventures to IKEA. I am waiting for the news that there will be chargers at trailheads, national parks, campgrounds, etc. So far, my adventures have been limited to 150 mile radius trips and one day camping or I end up running out of juice and can't get home.
Rivian and other EV companies need to pressure charging networks to up their game.
I've had mine at IKEA a few times, but haven't plugged it into the L2 chargers even. Just not far enough away to need a recharge unless it was free.

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

There are already chargers at several national parks. I used a Rivian destination charger at Yosemite, which based on your profile should be great for you. In fact, based on your location there are ample chargers for many adventures that aren't just "150 mile radius trips and one day camping" or maybe you were just being hyperbolic.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well, at least it will be a different store other than a Wal-Mart to wander around in and kill time while waiting on the Ioniq with no one in it to finish charging on the only working EA pedestal out of 4 at the location.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I've had mine at IKEA a few times, but haven't plugged it into the L2 chargers even. Just not far enough away to need a recharge unless it was free.
At least here in Oregon, the IKEA is right near the I-84/I-205 interchange, so it could be convenient for folks rolling through the area in addition to the folks that come from southern Oregon and possibly Idaho.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
There’s an IKEA almost exactly halfway between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. Stopped many many times in the ICE.

WalnutFarmer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tesla P85, GMC Yukon, Chevy Silverado
Well, at least it will be a different store other than a Wal-Mart to wander around in and kill time while waiting on the Ioniq with no one in it to finish charging on the only working EA pedestal out of 4 at the location.
That is the other issue, that in the two months that I have had my R1T, I have encountered more non-operational CCS chargers than in the 8 years of owning my tesla and finding a broken tesla supercharger. There is nothing more frustrating and time consuming than planning a charging stop only to find none working.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/191

IKEA U.S. and Electrify America announce collaboration for ultra-fast public and fleet charging at over 25 IKEA retail locations

Small-914-IKEAU.S.andElectrifyAmericaannouncecollaborationforultra-fastpublicandfleetcharginga...jpg

August 11, 2022

IKEA U.S. will quadruple its total number of electric vehicle chargers, a big step toward the IKEA global circular and climate positive goals

Conshohocken, PA – August 11, 2022 – To help reach the IKEA ambition to become a circular and climate positive business by 2030, IKEA U.S. today announced a collaboration with Electrify America and Electrify Commercial to bring ultra-fast public charging stations and delivery fleet electric vehicle (EV) charging to over 25 IKEA retail locations throughout the U.S. This joint effort will enable IKEA U.S. to quadruple its total number of EV chargers, which supports the goal of achieving zero-emission home deliveries by 2025 and halving relative emissions from customer and co-worker travel by 2030.

“At IKEA, we believe that we must work together with our partners to tackle climate change and create solutions for a greener future. This collaboration with Electrify America will not only bring ultra-fast public chargers to our stores for the first time but it will also help us take a big leap as we work towards our targets to become circular and climate positive,” said Javier Quiñones, CEO & Chief Sustainability Officer, IKEA U.S. “We look forward to continuing to innovate around new ways we can make our everyday lives more sustainable.”

In total, there will be more than 200 individual ultra-fast chargers offering the fastest charging speeds available today – 150kW to 350kW – at IKEA retail locations in 18 states including in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington. The first locations are expected to open in late 2022 and be completed by the end of 2023.

For its EV delivery fleet, IKEA selected Electrify Commercial, Electrify America’s business unit designed to help deliver turnkey electric vehicle charging solutions, to provide more than 225 individual chargers across the sites. This is the first time Electrify America and Electrify Commercial are installing both public and fleet chargers at the same time for a project.

“We are excited to establish both public and commercial fleet charging stations with IKEA – a brand that shares our goal of a more sustainable future,” said Giovanni Palazzo, president and CEO of Electrify America. “Through this collaboration, Electrify America, Electrify Commercial and IKEA U.S. are leading a path forward for customers and businesses toward zero-emission transportation.”

Since opening its first charging station in May 2018, Electrify America has set a rapid pace for its network expansion, opening an average of nearly four stations per week. Currently, Electrify America has more than 800 stations and 3,500 individual chargers open with plans to expand to 1,800 charging stations comprised of 10,000 individual chargers in the United States and Canada by 2026.
And half will not be working.....

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S FG/FE Adventure 20, Audi e-tron, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

We need a reliable set of fast chargers from the Bay Area to Truckee. If Tesla doesn't open up their network, then this should be a top priority for EA and others to focus on.

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
We need a reliable set of fast chargers from the Bay Area to Truckee. If Tesla doesn't open up their network, then this should be a top priority for EA and others to focus on.
The EA chargers I use in Rocklin and Auburn are great! Rivian is putting RAN in Sacramento REI and in Truckee as well. I think we look good and only getting better!

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S FG/FE Adventure 20, Audi e-tron, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

The EA chargers I use in Rocklin and Auburn are great! Rivian is putting RAN in Sacramento REI and in Truckee as well. I think we look good and only getting better!
That’s great to hear! I didn’t know that. I’m not expecting delivery until 1H 2023, so hopefully there will be more progress on chargers before then!
Sponsored