Sponsored

Rivian Bluetooth Speaker / Lantern - Details & Video!

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Well ok, but you didn’t hear it from me ????

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Bluetooth Speaker / Lantern - Details & Video! C4B706F0-2830-4306-A460-0E95287FD132

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Yep, the Elevation 360 will be very similar, less 300 watts and a speaker or two.
I'm assuming Kyle's article had more details on the Elevation 360, including the number of speakers and wattage as I don't see that info elsewhere. I'm curious what those figures happen to be. I'm assuming it's similar to either the Meridian "Surround" or "Signature" packages, as those include the Trifield technology that was referenced.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I'm assuming Kyle's article had more details on the Elevation 360, including the number of speakers and wattage as I don't see that info elsewhere. I'm curious what those figures happen to be. I'm assuming it's similar to either the Meridian "Surround" or "Signature" packages, as those include the Trifield technology that was referenced.
Those details have definitely been posted here on the forum based on info obtained from a CS response to another forum member's question.

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Those details have definitely been posted here on the forum based on info obtained from a CS response to another forum member's question.
Found it. Looked quickly earlier and didn't see it. Don't know if you didn't remember what it was, or just wanted to make me dig for it. Ha!

On the Rivian Elevation 360° audio system for the R1S: We'll be sharing the brand closer to delivery. It's 1400 watts with 22 speakers. To compare, our standard surround sound will have 14 speakers, and 280 watts. The Elevation Audio will offer more channels, more power per channel, and higher quality components. This includes four roof speakers, a coaxial center channel, and a subwoofer in the cargo area. More details to come on the tweeters location, center speaker, and amplifiers as we approach production.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Don't know if you didn't remember what it was, or just wanted to make me dig for it.
Couldn't remember the specifics but wanted to make sure you knew that info was here to be found. ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Alright y'all, stop freaking out, it's not Bose!

Kyle over at Rivian Stories dropped that it's Meridian Audio. This can easily be confirmed by details about the system:

• Google "cabin correction audio" (Rivian specifically uses the term "cabin correction" on the website) - the only result is Meridian
  • Coaxial center channel
  • Height channels (the speakers above the doors), which are used for Meridian's Trifield 3D audio (Rivian also mentions 3D on the website)
  • The Land Rover power & speaker configuration options are VERY similar to the details provided on the Rivian systems
Nice detective work! While it can be fun to poke around and piece together information on our own (and together), I'm looking forward to the day the company starts sharing more information outright. Of course, getting to see, touch, smell, hear, drive, and experience these vehicles will be a very welcome day, indeed.

Thanks again for sharing this info. I was afraid to share the number of speakers I thought I heard coming for each vehicle with 360, lest people thought I was high.

Again, I have to believe Rivian's sound system will be something special. Why settle for mediocre in a special vehicle?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Found it. Looked quickly earlier and didn't see it. Don't know if you didn't remember what it was, or just wanted to make me dig for it. Ha!

On the Rivian Elevation 360° audio system for the R1S: We'll be sharing the brand closer to delivery. It's 1400 watts with 22 speakers. To compare, our standard surround sound will have 14 speakers, and 280 watts. The Elevation Audio will offer more channels, more power per channel, and higher quality components. This includes four roof speakers, a coaxial center channel, and a subwoofer in the cargo area. More details to come on the tweeters location, center speaker, and amplifiers as we approach production.
Thank you! That dovetails with the numbers I heard in conversation with the Engagement Center, but I hadn't seen them in print. Good to have proof I wasn't high or dreaming!?

Sponsored