Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Truck is built, and 8-step complete (one day after initial guide call)!

Launch Green / Forest Edge, 20" wheels, reinforced underbody shield and spare tire.

Tentatively planning to fly from Maine to Illinois and pick it up in Normal next week, then drive down to Austin and pick up our stuff down there, then drive ATX > Maine. Nothing like a good 3,000 mile road trip to break in a new truck! Good thing EVs don't have break-in time like ICE...

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? 1652205160840
Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Truck is built, and 8-step complete (one day after initial guide call)!

Launch Green / Forest Edge, 20" wheels, reinforced underbody shield and spare tire.

Tentatively planning to fly from Maine to Illinois and pick it up in Normal next week, then drive down to Austin and pick up our stuff down there, then drive ATX > Maine. Nothing like a good 3,000 mile road trip to break in a new truck! Good thing EVs don't have break-in time like ICE...

1652205160840.png
That would be a VERY interesting trip as a ā€œbreak inā€ ride

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
It's here!!

A very long day of cleaning all the winter off my car inside and out, removing all my mods and junk, and finished prepping it for trade 15 minutes before my delivery time. I got an automated text message about 40 minutes before saying they were on their way. So, I sat on my front step and watched every car passing by until suddenly a Rivian appeared and pulled into my driveway!!

Delivery was super easy. I had him skip the usual walkthrough stuff as I've studied it all for months. Probably spent more time walking him through my tesla.

When I brought up Chelsea, he said they actually got the first R1T there on Thursday, and psst..they will be open on Monday!!

I pretty much had to immediately pack the truck and head up to VT. What an incredible piece of swiss army knife machinery. An insanely fast and chuckable sports car on the highways and twisties, an shakes off the rutty dirt roads like nothing. This is JUST what I need for our new place in VT.

Needless to say it's dirty already!
IMG_4333.jpeg
Gorgeous color! When are you bringing it out around town to concentrate the gawkers?

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Apparently logistics didnā€™t get the memo about me coming to Normal to pick up my R1T and put it on a truck to Boston. So, the news of the day isā€¦ thereā€™s a truck loaded with R1Ts on its way to the Boston Service Center, scheduled to arrive by the 18th! (I canā€™t imagine it will actually take 6 days to get there, so Iā€™m guessing that timeline includes the time for them to do inspections when they arriveā€” my guide says they do two inspections before itā€™s cleared to be delivered)

Will I have the first Rivian registered in Maine? Anybody know of another?

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Will I have the first Rivian registered in Maine? Anybody know of another?
Looks like @fromawayfarm beat me to itā€¦ maybe Iā€™ll drive up to Whitefield next weekend and we can make it the most Rivians per capita of any city in the country šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Saw a truck load of Rivians heading down 84E in CT this morning, headed towards Chelsea (i'm guessing).

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just went by the Chelsey service center and there were ~13 R1Ts outside and another ~4 inside.

Mostly launch green. A couple white, one blue, one red, one midnight, 1-2 El cap, a few limestone.

Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
WOW! I really, really wish they would / could tell us how many preorders there are in MA. You know Iā€™ll be making another trip over tonight or tomorrow morning to look at interiors etc. Iā€™ll try not to drool on any of them.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Oh man, oh manā€¦. If anybody goes to drool, and you see a LG/FE with vin ending in 4646, let me know!

jose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sonata
Iā€™m going Monday, Iā€™ll try to take pictures

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Just went by the Chelsey service center and there were ~13 R1Ts outside and another ~4 inside.

Mostly launch green. A couple white, one blue, one red, one midnight, 1-2 El cap, a few limestone.
Oh man, oh manā€¦. If anybody goes to drool, and you see a LG/FE with vin ending in 4646, let me know!
if I see it Iā€™m gonna want to get inside to see FE as Iā€™ve been flip flopping on FE and Black Mountain a number of times now!

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

if I see it Iā€™m gonna want to get inside to see FE as Iā€™ve been flip flopping on FE and Black Mountain a number of times now!
FE 100,000%

Black looks nice, forest edge looks next level
Sponsored