Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

For the sake of the Guides, I hope it's before the 4th that they release a bunch of R1S details. That is supposedly the first day us March/April R1S LE folks will be able to schedule Guide intro calls according to the e-mail we got Friday.
!00% - if they don't provide those guides some air cover, it's going to be a real mess.
Sponsored

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
@jtshaw , cant wait to read your feedback from your guide call tomorrow. I am really curious as to how they will justify having zero R1S information published even with calls starting.

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
Sadly I don't have much feedback to give.

They haven't given the Guides much product information on the R1S yet. She was expecting the user guide would be available soon but didn't have a confirmed timeline or an ability to share it early.

The call was mostly about confirming my options and locking more order, which we did.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for taking the time to update us.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Sadly I don't have much feedback to give.

They haven't given the Guides much product information on the R1S yet. She was expecting the user guide would be available soon but didn't have a confirmed timeline or an ability to share it early.

The call was mostly about confirming my options and locking more order, which we did.
On track for delivery in April though I assume? I had this fear that the guide calls were going to be to discuss delays. But sounds like its all on-track which is fantastic!

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

How are these apparently padded armrests for the third row seats going to hold up when I put dogs (with claws) in the area behind the second row with the third row seats folded? Now that I see this, I’m hoping Rivian or Weathertech or Husky will make a protective cargo mat for the area behind the second row that will also cover the third row armrests. Might get a MIM Variocage SUV crate as an alternative.

Honestly, I’m sorry the 5-seat option was eliminated. This wouldn’t have even been an issue.
Rivian R1T R1S 3rd Row Design / Cargo Area Photos? CEDB6C4C-697F-4D94-9B47-1D7998740E72

Last edited:

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just spoke to my numerologist. I think I screwed up with my last prediction – Venus was rising at the time and now Pluto is descending. Obviously, no R1S update this week.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I just spoke to my numerologist. I think I screwed up with my last prediction – Venus was rising at the time and now Pluto is descending. Obviously, no R1S update this week.
I told you; neither was in the house of Aquarius! And we haven't even started the retrograde yet.

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
it’s coming

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
How are these apparently padded armrests for the third row seats going to hold up when I put dogs (with claws) in the area behind the second row with the third row seats folded? Now that I see this, I’m hoping Rivian or Weathertech or Husky will make a protective cargo mat for the area behind the second row that will also cover the third row armrests. Might get a MIM Variocage SUV crate as an alternative.

Honestly, I’m sorry the 5-seat option was eliminated. This wouldn’t have even been an issue.
CEDB6C4C-697F-4D94-9B47-1D7998740E72.jpeg
Check out canvasback cargo liners. Bombproof. Have had one in my car since 2017. Doubtless their solution will cover the armrests.

Reactions: Jac

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Check out canvasback cargo liners. Bombproof. Have had one in my car since 2017. Doubtless their solution will cover the armrests.
Those liners could be a really good option for R1S owners with dogs - once they make one! Thanks!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Those liners could be a really good option for R1S owners with dogs - once they make one! Thanks!
I have the first one made for my car(focus RS). They didn’t list it, so I wrote them. Their local dealer happened to have a car, which was borrowed for measurements. I sent them some pictures and additional dims as needed, and the cover arrived in two weeks.
Absolutely fantastic company to deal with.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y

CEDB6C4C-697F-4D94-9B47-1D7998740E72.jpeg
Same. Rivian dropping the five seater solidified my choice of the R1T. I don't haul hordes of kids anyone and I have no interest in carrying around an unused third row. Dog crates work great if there is a place to leave them in the garage (the crates, not the dogs)

I do like the almost flat floor of the three row. Looks like a good design. Much better than the three row model Y.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Same. Rivian dropping the five seater solidified my choice of the R1T. I don't haul hordes of kids anyone and I have no interest in carrying around an unused third row. Dog crates work great if there is a place to leave them in the garage (the crates, not the dogs)

I do like the almost flat floor of the three row. Looks like a good design. Much better than the three row model Y.
Funny, I've never even considered the R1T as I have no interest in carrying around 54 inches of unused truck bed and the resulting extended wheelbase and overall length.
Sponsored