Sponsored

Rivian, PLEASE Fix This!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian,
These vehicles are touted as adventure & off road vehicles. I'm not sure exactly what this is, but it looks like wiring, and it really doesn't matter what it is.

This mystery dangler could easily get stuck on a branch in a trail, caught or crushed by a rock, or some other instance of Murphy's Law.

You CANNOT have things that can get snagged or crushed hanging down on an offroad vehicle. Protect it, reroute it, or both.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian, PLEASE Fix This! FB_IMG_1601229309285~2
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian, PLEASE Fix This! FB_IMG_1601049623550~2
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian, PLEASE Fix This! FB_IMG_1601049613237~2
Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Prototype. This was not on either vehicle that Rivian was showing to the public, and will most definitely not be on the production vehicle. Its gotta be a sensor for testing.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prototype. This was not on either vehicle that Rivian was showing to the public, and will most definitely not be on the production vehicle. Its gotta be a sensor for testing.
It's the other way around, these are the pilot production units, where previous were prototypes.

However, I do hope you're correct about this being something extra solely for testing & validation.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LOL, not outrage. Just a very silly oversight for an adventure vehicle. I've seen some crazy things happen off road, and this is literally just asking for trouble & they would definitely have issues with this if it's not addressed.

Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Either way, there's absolutely no way this is going to be like that, in the production vehicle. Gotta be a sensor for testing. That said, it would be smart to tuck it up with a zip tie or something so people on the forum don't notice it and make a big deal about it :D

I really hope they keep those cool fold down tow hooks from the earlier prototypes.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I'm pretty sure they know it's there.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

It's the other way around, these are the pilot production units, where previous were prototypes.

However, I do hope you're correct about this being something extra solely for testing & validation.
Pilot Production is still a prototype, just built on an assembly line rather than in a prototyping shop.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot Production is still a prototype, just built on an assembly line rather than in a prototyping shop.
It's not final production, but it should be darn close. The point is that it's much closer to final design than the show trucks, and even the Long Way Up trucks.

Sponsored

NitroCorey

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRX Cadillac Ford f150 Harly Davidson
That R1T looks like it doesn’t even have a battery Pak in it yet.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I can't remember where, but I saw a picture of the interior of the Rebelle rally truck, and it's far from a finished production model. The passenger side was a mess of wires and cables all hanging down from under the dash/glove box area, and all over the floor.

I wouldn't be too worried yet.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Remember that the Rebelle Rally doesn't allow the use of GPS and other technological navigation devices, so they may have modified some of the electronics to insure compliance with the rules.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
I really hope they keep those cool fold down tow hooks from the earlier prototypes.
I hope those cool fold down tow hooks are strong enough to be actually useful.
Sponsored