fluffhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
isthisrequired
Here's how it goes, from start to finish:
1. You get a first email asking you if you want to opt-in. It's nothing more than an email with text (read it) and a button to click on. Upon clicking there are no forms to fill out. It's just a simple head count and telling them "yes", through clicking on the button.
2. When they have one to send you, you will get an email to confirm your shipping address.
3. If you have a UPS account, you will get a notice when the shipping label is created. It would be from Rivian's distribution center in Colton, CA.
4. It gets delivered by UPS. That's it.

If you own a Rivian, and have a Rivian account, you'll get the emails and the adapter eventually. So far, only some from the first year of deliveries ('20~'21) are receiving their adapters. If you are not in that early group, it's not your turn yet.

Make sure Rivian is excluded from your spam filters.
Wow, that’s a really long winded way of saying ‘no.’
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Wow, that’s a really long winded way of saying ‘no.’
It does not at all say "no". Fine. Have it your way. You, just you, won't get one then. Because you're special. /s

If you own a Rivian, and have a Rivian account, you'll get the emails and the adapter eventually.
How in the world did you take this to mean "no"??

Rivtony

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S Quad, Maserati Grandturismo, Tesla M3
Occupation
Techy Telecoms
Clubs

The short answer is.
Did you get your opt-in email?
If yes you're in line. If not, check with Rivian customer support.

fluffhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
isthisrequired
It does not at all say "no". Fine. Have it your way. You, just you, won't get one then. Because you're special. /s

How in the world did you take this to mean "no"??
I asked if i can double check if I was in line. I didn’t ask what the process to get in line was. Clearly from your answer I can’t double check. So the answer to my thoughtfully worded question is ‘no’

shopaholic

First Name
Gopal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Porsche Cayman S
Occupation
Retired
I was disappointed to see the stubby adapter-hoping for a 3 foot cord type, would have solved the Tesla supercharger cord problem.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
The text I have bolded assumes you believe that Rebecca Tinucci made the strategic decision to allow other companies on the Tesla network.

That would be inconsistent with the real world examples of Mr. Musk's known propensity for micro managing. Also inconsistent with the self perpetuated myth that he is directly responsible for everything.
In fact, it would also be contrary to what Ford’s CEO said about hoe the switch happened. His people had reached out to Tesla and been told no until he reached out to Elon directly. Elon approved it.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I agree. I am early 22 delivery and 3xxx vin so I theoretically should be somewhat early....but seems it's going to be along time for most...
Ditto, opted to buy the A2Z when the SC team got axed. ETA puts delivery right before our next road trip when it would be a good backup. If Rivian sends confirmation email before delivery, I'll cancel. If not, I'll sell to my friend buying a Rivian later this month.

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Ditto, opted to buy the A2Z when the SC team got axed. ETA puts delivery right before our next road trip when it would be a good backup. If Rivian sends confirmation email before delivery, I'll cancel. If not, I'll sell to my friend buying a Rivian later this month.
Check with A2Z when your adapter will ship out and look to upgrade to overnight shipping.

They are extremely responsive and will be able to give you an idea when your adapter should arrive.

Some folks have been able to pay $15 for express shipping if they need it in a hurry.

Maybe ask them what options you have available to expedite delivery.

Call A2Z:

1 (844) A2Z - EVSE

WORKING DAYS / HOURS

Mon - Fri / 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST.

Discount code “RIV” is updated to take 10% off and still gives free shipping.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

I have signed up to become a sponsor to make it clear we are promoting/selling a product as a sponsor and not a normal user. We are community-supported and may get paid by brands or deals, including promoted items. This post and future posts may contain links to affiliate website, and we may receive a commission for any purchase made by you on the affiliate website. Our affiliates include GoAFFpro and Shareasale.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian NACS Adapters begin arriving! IMG_0420

Last edited:

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I did this exact thing. Not so much because of the SC layoff, but with the delay email going out at Ford, etc I decided to order an A2Z for our mid-June road trip. I figured with 3 weeks until shipping that gives me three weeks to see if the Rivian ones increase their deliveries and cancel the A2Z so I actually don't want the A2Z one faster :) Ultimately my plan is to probably sell one or the other to my local Rivian group when I have both.

peyang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Y
Anyone get their adapter recently? wondering if they are working off VINs, if so what Vin are you?? im around 1500, got opt in email but thats it for me.

Sponsored

s0ysauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

"These are the Cubans baby...." lol Sam Rockwell is so great.

Am I the only one that keeps having this scene roll around in my head while we are talking about the adapters and pelican cases?

ActionableDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, LA Silver 22 Sport Bright
Occupation
Market Research Executive
I asked if i can double check if I was in line. I didn’t ask what the process to get in line was. Clearly from your answer I can’t double check. So the answer to my thoughtfully worded question is ‘no’
Did you receive an email from them that UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan mentioned? I received mine, and clicked "yes I want one" (or something close to it) and now I know that I am on the list to get one. Since I got my R1S in September 2023, mine is going to come on the later side.

Did you get that email and click "yes"? If so, you are on the list.

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Launch R1T & 23 VW Id.4
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Clubs

Got my Rivian NACS adapter today. The build quality is ok. Haven’t tested it yet and haven’t decided yet if im gonna keep the A2Z adapter as a back up.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Anyone get their adapter recently? wondering if they are working off VINs, if so what Vin are you?? im around 1500, got opt in email but thats it for me.
Since we are now into 2nd week of May....and they maybe have shipped 1000.....it appears it is going to be a really long time for many.....regardless of all the hype the marketing department at Rivian has been doing.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
VIN 12xxx, ordered A2Z for summer road trip. They now have a 3-4 weeks lead time.
Sponsored