Sponsored

Anyone else having Charge Port door issue after 2024.07.02?

Atc4life86

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I did full and soft reset twice. I also let it sit overnight to let it sleep and reset again in the morning. No luck.
Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Just tried full reset twice... no luck.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They want to tow mine to the service center Wednesday. I suggested that i would rather wait for the almost certainly needed software fix since other trucks are having the issue post the latest update. They are concerned waiting could result in a dead battery and even worse issues.

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
They want to tow mine to the service center Wednesday. I suggested that i would rather wait for the almost certainly needed software fix since other trucks are having the issue post the latest update. They are concerned waiting could result in a dead battery and even worse issues.
My SC rep expressed the same concern. I'm just hoping they can fix it with mobile service; otherwise...

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My SC rep expressed the same concern. I'm just hoping they can fix it with mobile service; otherwise...
Good luck! i wasn’t given that option.

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Good luck! i wasn’t given that option.
Got a call from the SC rep last night stating that I need to bring my car into either S. SF or San Jose SC but... with the expedited ticket, the soonest appointment is 4/25. However, the rep said that he will contact the S. SF SC to see if they can do anything sooner.

Got a call from the S. SF SC this morning and he said they can fit me in tomorrow morning. Some people complained about Rivian's service, but I think they are really trying. At least when they promised to call me back at certain time, they always did.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got a call from the SC rep last night stating that I need to bring my car into either S. SF or San Jose SC but... with the expedited ticket, the soonest appointment is 4/25. However, the rep said that he will contact the S. SF SC to see if they can do anything sooner.

Got a call from the S. SF SC this morning and he said they can fit me in tomorrow morning. Some people complained about Rivian's service, but I think they are really trying. At least when they promised to call me back at certain time, they always did.
Yeah, my experiences have been very good anyway but they seem to be hustling to fix it since the vehicle is unusable. I just wish I had had enough range to drive the 160miles to a SC to get a shot at a loaner while it's there. 😆

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, my experiences have been very good anyway but they seem to be hustling to fix it since the vehicle is unusable. I just wish I had had enough range to drive the 160miles to a SC to get a shot at a loaner while it's there. 😆
Wow 160 miles, I guess I shouldn't complain about m 45 miles.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow 160 miles, I guess I shouldn't complain about m 45 miles.
Yeah, I'm basically equal distance between two service centers in neighboring states.

Sponsored

Mulletizer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have this same issue all of the sudden. The charge port will no longer open at all and it coincided with a strong electrical smell from the AC.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I have had an instance where the charge port door did not open the first time I tried to open it. After pressing/touching the open sensor multiple times, it opened.

I also have had the passenger front door handle not pop out when unlocked. Had to open the door from inside.

Both since the latest update, and never before.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My mistake... thank you for the info. So, there is no mechanical way to open the charge port, I guess.
So I hadn't previously tried to open a closed port, decided to see what it would take today.

I stuck a long plastic pry tool under the cover here, just enough prying to get a purchase on the opposite side with a finger. Make sure you get the tool deep enough to also pry on the black plastic backing and not just the painted cover.

Pull straight away from the vehicle about this far. After this point you have to pull and rotate the cover back.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else having Charge Port door issue after 2024.07.02? 1710887141164-s

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else having Charge Port door issue after 2024.07.02? 1710887189306-7r

Obviously I have no idea if your vehicle will accept a charge at this point or if it'll just try to close the cover. My locked truck didn't seem to care that I did this manually.

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
So I hadn't previously tried to open a closed port, decided to see what it would take today.

I stuck a long plastic pry tool under the cover here, just enough prying to get a purchase on the opposite side with a finger. Make sure you get the tool deep enough to also pry on the black plastic backing and not just the painted cover.

Pull straight away from the vehicle about this far. After this point you have to pull and rotate the cover back.

1710887141164-sg.png

1710887189306-7r.png

Obviously I have no idea if your vehicle will accept a charge at this point or if it'll just try to close the cover. My locked truck didn't seem to care that I did this manually.

Brave!!! Since I'm going to the SC tomorrow, I'll let them do it (they will probably do the something as you did).

NWR1S

First Name
Sydney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
RN
After my R1S updated to 2024.07.02, my charge port door couldn't be opened using the center console, the 3-lines below the charge port or pulling the physical release cable (which came off after I pulled harder). I had a ticket put in and the service center said they'll send someone for mobile service sometimes next week.

Anyone had the same issue?
Sponsored