Clubs

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 4/8 appointment for the 22.5k comprehensive inspection. I also have an outstanding tonneau cover repair ticket (from July of last year). I just called to see if it could be added, and was told that was based on SC supply, and they would call me back once that was determined.

Really was hoping to get it all done in one trip (2 hours each way), but I guess I will wait to see. I guess I will take my bed rack off before I go, just in case.

BillS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, waiting R1T Max pack
According to this recently update support article. I'd suggest anyone who still has a broken one to make sure this includes you. Rivian likely won't reach out otherwise.

https://rivian.com/support/article/how-do-i-purchase-an-r1t-with-a-powered-tonneau-cover
That's great They are finally addressing the broken ones. But I disagree on how they prioritize the power tonneau covers to everyone else.

My configuration originally had the Power Tonneau Cover until Rivian replaced with the manual cover. I think it would only be right the Power Tonneau Cover be offered to those who ordered before it was removed. It should be offered before it becomes available as a build option and before it is available in the Gear Shop. That would be a kind jester for those that were upset by the cancellation several years ago.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
That's great They are finally addressing the broken ones. But I disagree on how they prioritize the power tonneau covers to everyone else.

My configuration originally had the Power Tonneau Cover until Rivian replaced with the manual cover. I think it would only be right the Power Tonneau Cover be offered to those who ordered before it was removed. It should be offered before it becomes available as a build option and before it is available in the Gear Shop. That would be a kind jester for those that were upset by the cancellation several years ago.
As long as its the same price as the in the gear shop and as a build option I would agree. Rivian can't afford to be giving out cheaper parts for original order holders anymore.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Thanks @Dark-Fx , I agree that you have to be proactive. I ended up finally bugging them a couple weeks ago and they scheduled me for April 15.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's way easier to install it on the line. I don't blame Rivian for doing it this way. Priority should be given to the folks with the broken covers. New covers are going to be installed in the same place by the same people, and they probably have more covers than they can deal with in the service centers right now.

ElectricMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sprinter 1500 Campervan
Clubs

I take delivery of an R1T with a power tonneau by March 31. Should I schedule service now? šŸ˜‰

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Powered Tonneau Cover is a non-negotiable item for me similar to underbody shield. I feel like those two items will be sought after when Rivian R1T is resold down the road.

Last edited:

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Powered Tonneau Cover is a non-negotiable item for me similar to underbody shield. I feel like those two items will be sought after when Rivian R1T is resold down the road.
Most options arenā€™t sought after in the second hand market. Except maybe power. Otherwise o donā€™t think you are even going to get your $3k back let alone more.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yes, an nonoperating powered tonneau is bound to get you a big upprice in the future.

Brian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Most options arenā€™t sought after in the second hand market. Except maybe power. Otherwise o donā€™t think you are even going to get your $3k back let alone more.
I agree 100% you wonā€™t get back what you paid for the upgrades.

It simply helps to sell your vehicle quickly to folks who are specifically looking for those upgrades when buying second hand.

michaelcasto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Landscaper
According to this recently update support article. I'd suggest anyone who still has a broken one to make sure this includes you. Rivian likely won't reach out otherwise.

https://rivian.com/support/article/how-do-i-purchase-an-r1t-with-a-powered-tonneau-cover
I have an open service ticket to have my newly designed two motor system tonneau cover installed. To have them reach out by the end of the month with a timeframe of installing one would be great. šŸ˜Š Iā€™m not holding my breath after a year and a half.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I have an open service ticket to have my newly designed two motor system tonneau cover installed. To have them reach out by the end of the month with a timeframe of installing one would be great. šŸ˜Š Iā€™m not holding my breath after a year and a half.
The two motor version comes with the refresh. Along with the 1200hp Enduro QM, reintroduction of Meridian sound, permanently lubricated muffler bearings, lockers, and a Flux capacitor eliminating need for recharging. šŸ˜„

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Funny enough, I reached out to Rivian about two things recently - Guides and Powered Tonneau Cover. My PTC still works so no open tickets on it. My Guide has disappeared from the support information tab, evidently he was a part of the most recent layoffs.

Here's their response:
"When it comes to powered tonneau covers, I do have good news for you!
Owners who previously flagged issues with their powered tonneau cover will be contacted by the end of March 2024, with repairs completed by the end of July 2024.
So you can expect to be reached out soon and then we will proceed from there. "

Since I've never flagged an issue, guess I won't hear from them?
Sponsored