First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer & Educator
There is no noticeable air resistance or wind noise. I did not notice a measurable reduction in efficiency either.

It does have holes and U clamps that go around the Rivian crossbars just right. You do have to situate it just right so it doesn’t barely rub the roof black plastic piece.

Hope that helps!

@colorado

Looks good; curious if there is any additional wind resistance with the box sticking above the cab that small amount. Also curious if you had to drill holes in the box to mount it to the cross bars (do the deepspace boxes have mounting holes that the EXO gear lockers don't?). I picked up a couple of the EXO gear lockers over the weekend in anticipation of my R1T delivery in a few weeks.

Thanks for posting pics!
Sponsored

mykelp22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Is it possible to take a picture (inside and outside) of the mount you used or a link to where you purchased it. Thank you.

OP
OP
ColoradoAdventure

ColoradoAdventure

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer & Educator
You can see a detailed image in the user manual found here and in the snip I have included.
The Clamp mount that is included with the box works perfectly and it is padded. You tighten it from the inside with a plate that distributes the tension/weight.
Hope that helps!
Rivian R1T R1S Yakima DeepSpace 10 Cargo Box installed 1671064595593

Is it possible to take a picture (inside and outside) of the mount you used or a link to where you purchased it. Thank you.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Looks great. Perfect length.

I'm pondering a box because I fear my powder skis aren't going to fit in the bed. But they definitely aren't going to fit in this box... :)
FWIW my longest skis juuuust fit in the bed diagonally (Armada Tracer 188s). It's close enough that when I added the BuiltRight molle panel I ruined it for myself, lol. I can still fit them but it flexes the tips a bit which I don't love.

I just leave my slightly shorter all-mountains in the bed in case an impromptu after work night ski breaks out, otherwise I mount my skis to a Yakima FatCat over the bed which works great. I just don't like to leave them there full time so they don't sit wet and rust the edges.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

After seeing a Reddit post, I went and picked up a Yakima Deep Space 10. It fits and looks great over the bed. Will help carry stuff we acquired on our 1000 mile trip back home.

52FAAAA6-848A-46A2-B31C-C602298C195E.jpeg

89aef942-6ee4-443e-8355-3a919094c341-jpeg.jpg

530d25b2-41cd-4907-80f5-6bc26d6d4235-jpeg.jpg
Bespoke

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
FWIW my longest skis juuuust fit in the bed diagonally (Armada Tracer 188s). It's close enough that when I added the BuiltRight molle panel I ruined it for myself, lol. I can still fit them but it flexes the tips a bit which I don't love.

I just leave my slightly shorter all-mountains in the bed in case an impromptu after work night ski breaks out, otherwise I mount my skis to a Yakima FatCat over the bed which works great. I just don't like to leave them there full time so they don't sit wet and rust the edges.
Yep. I got the FatCat also... :)
Sponsored