Why so quiet from Rivian?

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
The Cybertruck forums have lots of discussion, even though 90% speculation. Elon is always in the news, and he responds to tweets. The answers generate controversy, of course, but it keeps the product at the forefront of people's minds.

It's like RJ has retreated to how his company operated prior to the introduction of the R1T/R1S. Total secrecy.

That's no way to sell a product! Talk to us. Give hints, clues, controversy. Anything to keep us engaged!

This is horrible waiting and wondering.

Has RJ decided the real money is in Amazon vans and selling skateboards to other companies? Has he suspended working on the R1T/R1S?

Tell us SOMETHING! :angry:
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
They are pushing delivery’s back into 2021. :CWL:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm not surprised. I'm hoping to hear more details in conjunction with their appearance @ Fully Charged Live in Feb, and trying to temper expectations of hearing anything meaningful before then...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Sponsored

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
I’ve wondered too and appreciate your post. So I’ve been peeking into their “careers” section and employee reviews online to get a pulse on where they are as a company and confirm whether my money, applied respect and admiration are warranted.

My guess is that they’re moving from the fundraising and marketing phase to production. From postings I’ve read I think they’re busy rolling up their sleeves and putting their noses down to meet their production milestones including finalizing any outstanding design items. There have been jobs postings centered around customer service for early adopters (if you read the posting it talks about customer engagement for early preorder holders), CGI design (assuming this is for getting the online configurator up and running), and testing (assuming this is to take the vehicles out on the road and test drive or demonstrate features for purchasers).

If you read recent “what’s it like to work at Rivian” postings online from employees they talk about how things have ramped up and been a little chaotic at the offices since late summer. My assumption is RJ and his exec staff are now focusing on getting things righted and organized in house after an intense period of fundraising and marketing. I’m sure we can all understand and appreciate that. Forget the Cybertruck, Model Y, the Navigator or any else because they’re nothing more than distractions at this point. It’s time for Rivian to make the donuts or they’re going to have bigger problems.

So that’s my 2 cents on why the prolonged quiet based on nothing more than my intuition and a few things found on the internet.

Last edited:

Colosaleen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage Roadster, Dodge Viper RT/10, Saleen S351R Speedster
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It's the holiday season. Why worry about mass marketing, updates, etc. during this time, especially when the product is not ready to deliver this moment? Be different if you could just pick it up and drive it home tomorrow, then market away. Right now it doesn't make sense to be letting everyone know what you are doing.

I am sure they will update us all in good time and make it worth it. Until then, everyone enjoy your time with families and look forward to 2020. 2020 is THE YEAR for everything.

Looking at the Tesla Cybertruck though, it represents everything wrong with vehicle design and desire. A lifeless panel truck! Kids box cars have more style than that abomination. It is so ugly, cue the "how ugly is it jokes"...………..…………...

OP
OP
davrow_R1T

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
They've broken their silence! I am very happy.

Might even be able to make it to the SF event. :blush:

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Well, Rivian opened the faucet ever so slightly for this usual trickle of news.

This is for those that are not pre-order holders or signed up for their newsletter. If you are/did, check your email, otherwise ...

Rivian just announced (confirmed) today via email some early 2020 events they will be attending or hosting though some specifics will come at a latter date.

Jan 7 - 10, 2020 - Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. R1T only and team at the Amazon Automotive Booth #5616. CES not open to the public so you either have to have the right credentials to get in or know someone.

Jan 25 - 26, 2020 - Rivian Open House, San Francisco, CA. Open to the public. R1T and R1S featured. Location and other details to follow.

Feb 1 - 2, 2020 - Fully Charged LIVE event in Austin, TX. Open to the public (with fee). R1T and R1S available. Rivian is offering a discount to register so wait for their RSVP. (In the mean time sign up for the newsletter if you haven't already!) If you had previously registered for the event, Rivian will follow up with instructions on how to get the discount refunded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davrow_R1T

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Rivian just announced (confirmed) today via email some early 2020 events they will be attending or hosting though some specifics will come at a latter date.
I was worried... no email! :crying: Then I remembered I had a rule sending Rivian email to its own folder. Duh! Got my email. :D
Sponsored