Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Captain Delta Air Lines
Firstly, yes, this extinguisher (HAL GUARD HG100) is not for the Rivian lithium battery. It is for a sudden fire in the vehicle, small fires at a camping site, or some help along the road.

Secondly, I am unsure of the best or most convenient places for placement and installation. Maybe in the front storage place or the back of the second-row seats. Do you have any suggestions?

For reference, I've included some photos of the fire extinguisher and potential installation spots. Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher 01

Info about Fire Extinguisher

15% discount

Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher 02

Can one drill into this area to secure the mount?

Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher 03

Other side...

Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher 04

Install on the back side of either second-row seat??

Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher 04
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

I would go with the frunk but I would hesitate to drill for the mount. You know how it is trying to mount anything on hollow plastic. I would use 3M tape or just pack other stuff around it.

OP
OP
JoMo

JoMo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Captain Delta Air Lines
I would go with the frunk but I would hesitate to drill for the mount. You know how it is trying to mount anything on hollow plastic. I would use 3M tape or just pack other stuff around it.
Sorry, I forgot to mention this is a R1S. I like the tape idea mentioned.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I would say the frunk location looks good, but... if you had stuff in the frunk and needed to get to it, that would be a pain. That's a lesson I learned when I put my charging cable & adapters under the frunk floor, packed it to the gills, and then drove off for a vacation where I had a convenient opportunity to charge at a destination charger, but had to dig out the adapter.

Also, I'd suggest the passenger side of the front floor storage area.
Behold my art skills!
Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher rivian-r1t-floor-mat-wall-3d-maxpider_600x

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
I do wish these vehicles had more MOLLE surfaces and better seat rail mounting options. Within weeks of Broncos rolling off the assembly line, they had dozens of accessories and mounts and fire extinguisher solutions available.

Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher IMG_1463

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

I carry a 2.5 gal water can in the spare tire well of my R1S with my tools/straps/misc gear

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I carry a 2.5 gal water can in the spare tire well of my R1S with my tools/straps/misc gear
There's no way I'm getting to the lower frunk or lower trunk area in an emergency with everything loaded up on top of it.

Sponsored

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

There's no way I'm getting to the lower frunk or lower trunk area in an emergency with everything loaded up on top of it.
That’s fine, I just don’t have my trunk loaded…

I haul kids and the gear goes in the frunk. To each their own

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s fine, I just don’t have my trunk loaded…

I haul kids and the gear goes in the frunk. To each their own
On road trips, I keep a fridge in the trunk and cooking gear makes noise and rattles around in the frunk. The ideal place for a fire extinguisher is within reach of the driver or easily accessible within seconds of pulling over.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

On road trips, I keep a fridge in the trunk and cooking gear makes noise and rattles around in the frunk. The ideal place for a fire extinguisher is within reach of the driver or easily accessible within seconds of pulling over.
Again, each situation is different.

I doubt you have 2.5 gallons of options available to you in the front seat. I also don’t have Chef Boyardee in the trunk. He asked for options, I gave mine. Yours is one other option. Neither are the only option.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Again, each situation is different.

I doubt you have 2.5 gallons of options available to you in the front seat. I also don’t have Chef Boyardee in the trunk. He asked for options, I gave mine. Yours is one other option. Neither are the only option.
You're acting like I attacked your option. All I said is it wouldn't work for me, and it wouldn't meet my needs or bar of usefulness.

For the record, a 2.5lbs ABC is much more useful than 2.5 gallons of water in fighting all kinds of fire. You're not going to save someone's life with 2.5 gallons of water.
Sponsored