When were Launch Editions sold out?

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wondering if some of you distinguished, honored, tenured,.... old farts.... remember roughly when the last LE was reserved?

I am wondering if they are nearing the end of LE+BM. Saw October 2020 got delivered just now on reddit.
Sponsored

RivianuserR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40, Volkswagen E-Golf
I believe anyone that preordered before the configurator went live in November of 2020 had the opportunity to get the launch edition.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I believe anyone that preordered before the configurator went live in November of 2020 had the opportunity to get the launch edition.
This is 100% true.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Sort-of. They had the opportunity, yes, but they were not guaranteed a LE. For example, there were people who had day-1 reservations (Nov 2018) but waited a couple weeks to enter a configuration after the configurator went live and by then all the LE slots had been taken.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I am wondering if they are nearing the end of LE+BM. Saw October 2020 got delivered just now on reddit.
Don't read too much into an October 2020 getting delivery.

They were fulfilling deliveries based on proximity to service centers that had matches to the configuration.

Sponsored

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

When the configurator went live in November of 2020 anyone could get a LE. Even those that put down a deposit that day/week. They have never said and possibly never will say what the max LE orders they capped off at but they did say their LE capacity was "sold out" I believe 3 days after configurator go live for the R1T and 4 days for the R1S.

Edit: My recollection was a little foggy. It was the early access period that reservation holders had a chance to get LE before general public and they were full before public access happened.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lostpacket

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Don't read too much into an October 2020 getting delivery.

They were fulfilling deliveries based on proximity to service centers that had matches to the configuration.
Yep for sure. I think it's possible they could even see all LE as 1-2 order dates. There is definitely some level of batching but now we're know for sure this batch includes the whole of LE dates.

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

So LE was available between 11/16 and 11/20.

I set my configuration within 40 min of getting the "ready to configure" email.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I guess I don't understand why folks slept on it (if they knew they wanted an LE) - I got the email that the configurator was live at 12:11 on 11/16 and I had my configuration in 19 minutes later. I was so excited that the configurator was life, there was no way I was waiting.

That being said, I also didn't realize that they were going to cap the number of LE vehicles. I assumed anyone with a reservation 11/16 that wanted one would get one. I

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I was busy farming and didn't get a configuration locked in during that 4-day window. By the time I saw the 11/20 tweet, it was too late. Now I'm in line somewhere behind all the LE pre-orders.

Last edited:

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
So I actually had the chance for the LE when the configuration was announced, but I did not pick it because I thought it ONLY came in launch green :(

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Ugh. I’ll forever have regret not configuring the LE when I could have. I skipped over it because I didn’t want to the off-road package and was getting 21” wheels, so I preordered an Adventure trim instead. Later, they made the off-road package an option on LE and dropped the price $2k…

I don’t know how I sleep at night. ?
Sponsored

Reactions: Jac