Sponsored

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Caitlin: We are utilizing Alexa in our systems!

We will be sharing more details on that in the future.

Me: so does that mean i can play my amazon music?

Caitlin: Yes, anything you can do with Alexa you will be able to do in the Rivian!
I’m curious if this extends to things like Spotify integration, too.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I think the entire rear interior of the R1S top hat is in flux. I think they're still optimizing across max battery capacity, 3rd row usability (ingress/egress/folded away), spare tire storage, etc....
Quite possible, but I hope they figure it out soon.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was told that the 3rd row would be removable with appropriate tools and knowledge. I think skyote was told that it would be easily removable (apologies to @skyote if I've got my references crossed).
Rivian CS told me that the third row option could be removed/deleted from the LE, but that was obviously incorrect once we all saw the configurator...

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
So is the power tailgate for the R1T 100% out? Anyone have any information on this?
EDIT: I stand very happily corrected. It’s powered, but they got rid of the 180 degree option.

Yes. They confirmed it's scrubbed for now, due to high cost and unnecessary complexity.

Last edited:

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Rivian CS told me that the third row option could be removed/deleted from the LE, but that was obviously incorrect once we all saw the configurator...
Or ahead of it's time...

Still possible that a delete option will be offered.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes. They confirmed it's scrubbed for now, due to high cost and unnecessary complexity.
That's for the 180° tailgate, but I believe @jimcgov3 confirmed that the tailgate is still powered.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

That's for the 180° tailgate, but I believe @jimcgov3 confirmed that the tailgate is still powered.
Yes, @skyote, I did. I posted it somewhere in one of the 4,000,000 threads...Power Open/Close, but the buttons are only on the driver side. According to a rep on the phone. I can double and triple check though. I havent chatted in yet today.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Any confirmation on this? Would love for the tailgate to be powered even if not 180
Q. There is some confusion in the forums about the tailgaite. I know the 180 degree tailgate is gone....But is the tailgate still powered? Open/Close?

A. Correct, the 180 tailgate is not available, but the tailgate is power operated!

Q. Power operated in both the Adventure and Explorer packages?

A. Yes, both packages will have a powered tailgate

Q. And the button to operate said tailgate is still in the same spot on the top of the bedrail....
but only on the driver's side now

A. Yes that is correct.

Hopefully, this will suffice.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Bummer on the tailgate. :(

canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
Nature-Based Solutions Project Developer
See the post right above yours. ;-)
Ya... I guess I was replying to the specific message and didn't see the latest on page 9;) Thanks everyone for the double and triple confirmations! Not too perturbed about the 180, power tailgate suffices for me!

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
I think the entire rear interior of the R1S top hat is in flux. I think they're still optimizing across max battery capacity, 3rd row usability (ingress/egress/folded away), spare tire storage, etc....
Yup, agreed. My wife got this answer from Rivian CS Rep Becka via e-mail on October 30th after asking if the 3rd row will be accessible with 3 car seats in the 2nd: “he (an engineer she spoke to) confirmed there is a 40-degree tilt and slide feature on the second-row seats!”

I have been (annoyingly) clamoring for this feature in every possible thread on this board hoping to influence any Rivian engineers lurking around. I am optimistic, but, as you said, I think the R1S rear seats have not been sourced yet...

devnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 45e, GX460, Tacoma, Accord
Exciting news on the audio system:

On the Rivian Elevation 360° audio system for the R1S: We'll be sharing the brand closer to delivery. It's 1400 watts with 22 speakers. To compare, our standard surround sound will have 14 speakers, and 280 watts. The Elevation Audio will offer more channels, more power per channel, and higher quality components. This includes four roof speakers, a coaxial center channel, and a subwoofer in the cargo area. More details to come on the tweeters location, center speaker, and amplifiers as we approach production.