First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T LE, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Tech Sales Director
How can I get access to this Roving mobile tech? I have to call a service center? I called them to report this exact behavior and they told me to send them a video, make sure that the diagnostics are captured.

I went on vacation for 3 weeks and just returned and I haven't heard back from Rivian at all after sending them all the information.

Should I just call them again?

OP
OP

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
How can I get access to this Roving mobile tech? I have to call a service center? I called them to report this exact behavior and they told me to send them a video, make sure that the diagnostics are captured.

I went on vacation for 3 weeks and just returned and I haven't heard back from Rivian at all after sending them all the information.

Should I just call them again?
I've always had a prompt reply when I submit a ticket using the Rivian App.

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I am having the same issue, when i use the app/button to automatically close, it gets 3-4 inches from closing and the pops back open, saying object detected, even when nothing is in there

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Mine did that sometimes. Check the hinges aren't bent. Mine came with bent hinges, had to be replaced by Rivian.

OP
OP

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
I am having the same issue, when i use the app/button to automatically close, it gets 3-4 inches from closing and the pops back open, saying object detected, even when nothing is in there
A mobile tech discovered that the hood was misaligned and fixed it while with my T for another issue to fix.

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

I just got my second R1T on Tuesday. I had the SC in Richmond email me pictures of all the panels so I could confirm they were straight before I took delivery. They delivered to my in NC and it was a quick in and out. I never opened the hood. Opened it yesterday and I have this same issue. Won't auto close, but closes without issue and without rubbing manually. Opened a ticket today. Hoping they can do it mobile.

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
FWIW I had this issue today when picking up my R1S from the service center. In my case they had just replaced a communication module, and they presumably accessed it from the frunk area where an ICE car would have its firewall.

There are two plastic tabs up there (by the frunk hinge) that weren’t pushed in far enough. Apparently they were sticking out enough to trigger the pinch guard, which gave the obstruction warning. He just put some pressure on each one and fully depressed them and it was all good after.

Taichi

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Camaro, '79 Fiat 124, '94 YJ, '23 R1T
Occupation
Architect
I actually started having this problem last night when trying to load some groceries, I think this piece of trim might be triggering the sensor but not sure. It seems like the catch almost engages but then the hood pops right back up; but a little bit of pushing on the hood badge right as it's about to close works.
Sponsored