Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Design Operations, Microsoft
Clubs

I had similar issues and tracked the issue a bit. Here's what I discovered:

Any brokerage that use Applied Systems Insurance software will not be able to write new business (sell you insurance products) for the 2024 Rivians. Applied Systems connects brokerages and agents with insurance carriers to make generating quotes and writing business easy. A single broker can instantly get quotes from dozens of carriers with the click of a button. Cool right? Well not if Applied Systems doesn't have 2024 Rivians in their database.

I contacted half a dozen brokers that use Applied Systems software and while I was able to get a quote (they used 2023 model years to generate the quote since 2024 was missing), they were unable to actually "write new business" in the Applied software and sell me an insurance product. I contacted Applied System directly and was able to confirm the issue, but unable to resolve it. The resolution is that enough brokerages need to contact Applied for it to trigger a vehicle database upgrade. It'll happen, who knows when. Tomorrow, a month from now? no way of knowing.

There are brokers that dont use Applied Systems software and those brokerages will be able to sell you insurance. Western Financial, Rivian's Canadian insurance partner, does NOT use Applied and has no problem selling you insurance.

You can also contact an insurance carrier directly, like TD Insurance, they manage their own vehicle database and had no problem quoting me and selling me insurance for my soon-to-be-delivered 2024 R1T.

Best of luck with getting insurance and enjoy your new trucks everyone! Catch ya on the road!
Sponsored

Feuros

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS, Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
I was able to finally get insurance through Scoop (a CAA broker that CAA directly transferred me to). They still don't have the 2024 R1T in the database, but he was able to eventually setup insurance for me using 2023 rates. He said it could change very slightly when the 2024s are finally available. It took about a week and a lot of back-and-forths, but they can sell you insurance....somehow. There's likely just some manual steps not everyone is willing to take. I did try 2 different CAA brokers and went with the one who seemed willing to work with me to get this figured out. Shout out to Andrei at Scoop.

For me, CAA was the cheapest by $300-500 vs. the average quotes I got and was roughly $2000 less than what Western, Rivian's preferred provider, quoted me. They were the most expensive of everyone I tried, by a LOT. The lady at Western did mention they were trying to add an additional provider that had more favourable Rivian rates, but no luck so far.

My guide did suggest that if you provide the bill of sale, they should be able to provide you with a policy whether it's in their database or not.