Unofficial Issue Tracker / Feature Request Website

kaedenb

First Name
Kaeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I spent some time lately and made a website where you can submit feature requests and others can upvote them if they think it would be useful. Feel free to check it out.
To prevent spam posts I've required an account to post (plus moderator approval), but you just need to make a username and password - no email required: Rivian Issue/Delivery Tracker

I'm definitely not expecting Rivian to be checking this site - I see it as more of a way for people to share their ideas and get a sense of how much different features are wanted.

I've also made my own version of the delivery tracker on the site - there is an option to do a manual entry, sync from your Rivian account, or sync from the existing Google Sheet if you already entered your configuration there. On the dashboard I am working on some graphs where you can see the distribution of orders over time and look at pie charts for different configurations.

Let me know if you have any feedback!

Some things that I am working on:
- Improving the functionality on mobile devices
- Adding the ability to comment on feature requests
- Unofficial API documentation for vehicle controls / telemetry
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I searched for the best place to track new feature requests, and found this thread. I'm surprised no one else used this...

OP
OP

kaedenb

First Name
Kaeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
The site has not been super active lately - there was a lot of issues added when I announced it but then people forget about it 🙂

Do let me know if you have any suggestions for the site! Haven't touched it in some time as I've been pretty busy.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

My recommendations, in order of solution effectiveness:

1. Find a way to couple this into the Rivian Forums, removing the requirement to create a separate login; or leverage some form of SSO.
  2. Have the platform use three separate tracking modules: delivery, issues, feature requests
    1. It seems issues and features are merged into a single function
  3. Allow members to add issues and features, and then have other members upvote, or mark any issues they are also experiencing, or features that they would like to see added to Rivian OS.

yawweezzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
You can apparently also add feature requests to Rivian’s page on mendit: mendit.io/c/rivian. It doesn’t seem to be officially supported yet but with enough votes, they could get Rivian to start looking into the most upvoted requests. What do y’all think?
Sponsored