Tow hitch

NitroCorey

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRX Cadillac Ford f150 Harly Davidson
I hope we don’t have to pay extra for a tow hitch I’ve Owned six pick ups in the last 30 years and not one of them did I have to pay for a tow hitch it always came standard on a pick up truck
Sponsored

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales
I hope we don’t have to pay extra for a tow hitch I’ve Owned six pick ups in the last 30 years and not one of them did I have to pay for a tow hitch it always came standard on a pick up truck
Interesting. Every truck and SUV I’ve ever owned, the tow package was an extra fee. Maybe you purchased models that included the package, but you paid for it.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
When I look at the photos of the Rivian on their web site, I do not see the hitch receivers on the trucks, so I suspect they are not standard. The recent video with the towing in hot weather has one, but that is the only time I have seen the receiver on the truck.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
When I look at the photos of the Rivian on their web site, I do not see the hitch receivers on the trucks, so I suspect they are not standard. The recent video with the towing in hot weather has one, but that is the only time I have seen the receiver on the truck.
This was discussed in a video they did with Fully Charged where they discussed they were working on integrating the receiver into the truck and none of their show vehicles had it yet. This doesn't mean it won't be an option that costs extra.... It very well might be an add on. I just don't think we've seen it because they haven't been ready to show us exactly how it integrated into the vehicle.

I would also argue that the receiver on the test truck may not be attached exactly the same way as the final product.

Bottom line is it may cost more but I don't think that's why we haven't seen it integrated yet... As with so many things I think they are still working on fit/finish details... just like much of the interior of the R1S.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian has mentioned there will be a cover. The Long Way Up trucks appear to have it, but the show trucks do not. Long Way Up trucks are closer to production design.

Rivian R1T R1S Tow hitch Preproduction R1T Spied Argentina 2 Compared Concept

Rivian R1T R1S Tow hitch IMG_20200109_144602_01
Sponsored