chrisv

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography, 1969 C20
Hi-
I charged my 1RT to 100% and parked it. One day later (without driving or unlocking it) and now I’m at 90%. Any ideas how to reduce this? Seems really wasteful.
Sponsored

Deleted member 7086

I found turning off the proximity sensor and signing out of and closing the Rivian app on my phone to be helpful. But of course that defeats the purpose of using your phone as a key.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Also make sure climate/audio are completely off when you exit the vehicle.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I don’t do anything special and have everything turned on when exiting the vehicle and don’t experience that type of battery losses. I work for about 8-12 hours and park in a place where there’s plenty of motion that triggers my gear guard. I typically see about 2 or so miles missing from my range when I get back in my truck. That being said, I only charge my truck to 70% and don’t know if the losses would be larger if charged to full.

Prior to one of the updates back around April, I did experience significant losses, but that seems to be fixed

OP
OP

chrisv

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also make sure climate/audio are completely off when you exit the vehicle.
Huh, it doesn’t seem like the climate control was running, as cabin temp was 103 on a 78 degree day. But sounds like it’s still sucking down power?

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Huh, it doesn’t seem like the climate control was running, as cabin temp was 103 on a 78 degree day. But sounds like it’s still sucking down power?
Not saying that was your issue. Just pointing out it is a way to reduce parasitic loss, for example when it detects your proximity key and turns on the climate. Ive gotten in the habit of turning everything off

OP
OP

chrisv

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not saying that was your issue. Just pointing out it is a way to reduce parasitic loss, for example when it detects your proximity key and turns on the climate. Ive gotten in the habit of turning everything off
Got it, thanks! Seems like this should not be something one would have to do - I hesitate o take the car to the airport!

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Got it, thanks! Seems like this should not be something one would have to do - I hesitate o take the car to the airport!
Yeah I agree, a number of threads on this topic. Even in temp controlled garage with everything off (including gear guard) I see ~3kWh/day of loss.

I expect it will get fixed eventually.

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
There is a grotesque amount of vampire losses that unfortunately can't be mitigated by turning anything off. You can reduce by turning off gear guard and proximity features so the vehicle doesn't keep waking up and possibly turning on the climate when you are nearby. Unfortunately first hand accounts who have done these things have only reduced marginally.

Are you on the newest update? Version 2022.15.0 was suppose to help with parasitic losses some. They definitely still have work to do.

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If you are going for an extended trip, I wouldn't. You will be calling a tow truck when you return unless you find an open charging spot, but that's a risk you will take driving to the airport.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Great charging etiquette

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yeah I agree, a number of threads on this topic. Even in temp controlled garage with everything off (including gear guard) I see ~3kWh/day of loss.

I expect it will get fixed eventually.
Early adopter woes

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

🧛‍♂️ just let it be, what's the worst thing that can happen 🧛‍♂️

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Hi-
I charged my 1RT to 100% and parked it. One day later (without driving or unlocking it) and now I’m at 90%. Any ideas how to reduce this? Seems really wasteful.
Here are some tips:
  • Make sure front seat belts are not clicked in. May think someone is in the vehicle and keep HVAC on
  • Turn off proximity entry with the phone
  • Turn off Gear Guard (completely or only at home)
  • Make sure you're updated to the latest software version

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Garlic air freshener and a rosary dangling from the rearview mirror should do the trick.
Sponsored