Sponsored

Tint recommendation in SF Bay Area (South Bay)?

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Any tint recommendations for San Jose area? I don't plan to do PPF.
Thx!
Tony
Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Not in SJ, but I had my tint a ceramic coating done here. I went to the Dublin location. Looks like they have a Fremont location too. I have to imagine there are great shops in SJ though.

OP
OP

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not in SJ, but I had my tint a ceramic coating done here. I went to the Dublin location. Looks like they have a Fremont location too. I have to imagine there are great shops in SJ though.
Thx for the reference!, Fremont's within reach. Did you do everything (including windshield)?

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Thx for the reference!, Fremont's within reach. Did you do everything (including windshield)?
Yes. I tinted all the windows including the windshield. Made a huge difference in cabin temps.

OP
OP

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes. I tinted all the windows including the windshield. Made a huge difference in cabin temps.
Nice, glad to hear it really helps, as I was dying in the 85deg temps last week :(

There may be issue with my AC as well because even at full blast, cabin wasn't getting any lower than 90C (i've already got service scheduled for it).

Sponsored

byoung

First Name
Bryson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I just got my new R1T back from OCDetailing in Fremont. This is my second car that I have had done with Joe and I'm always super impressed with his shop. I did tint on the back 5 windows (no windshield) and PPF on the high impact front zones only. Last car he did we did all windows (windshield included) and full wrap. It was just overkill for us :) Highly recommend them!

Also strange, I'm having a similar A/C issue. The car simply wouldn't cool down during that recent heatwave we just had. Definitely curious what's going on.

spamurai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I used Cal Auto Tint in Campbell CA, they rock. ( calautotint.com ). Did PPF on the front surfaces and hood, ceramic coating on the remainder, a dark tint on the sunroof and street legal light tint on the driver/front passenger.

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just got my new R1T back from OCDetailing in Fremont. This is my second car that I have had done with Joe and I'm always super impressed with his shop. I did tint on the back 5 windows (no windshield) and PPF on the high impact front zones only. Last car he did we did all windows (windshield included) and full wrap. It was just overkill for us :) Highly recommend them!

Also strange, I'm having a similar A/C issue. The car simply wouldn't cool down during that recent heatwave we just had. Definitely curious what's going on.
Schedule a service appt to check the level of coolant. Itā€™s a known issue by Rivian that some vehicles left the factory with either too little or too much, hindering the potential of the A/C.
If that level is okay, then itā€™s just the compressor that is too weak, which is also well documented. People have reported the A/C just cutting out after some time from being too hot outside, and is considered normal by Rivian.

OP
OP

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got my AC fixed (was a vent duct problem). Looks like it was significant work, as I noticed my dash is loose now (some clips probably broke) šŸ˜ž. At least I have balanced cooling now. Also got tint all around and installed the roof shade recommended by @kanundrum in the other thread. The roof shade works really well and is a must have. With all these workarounds, it's more reasonable now, but not perfect. When outside temp above 90, have to run at the highest fan setting (loud, noisy, and lots of vibration), re-circ mode, with seat fan on full setting..

powerplyer

First Name
powerplyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8, Audi Q5, Tesla M3 (totaled), Honda DCT.
Occupation
Engineer
Blackout in Gilroy. He has done my past three cars. 3M Crystalline.

Sponsored

Kangdonut

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Architect
Iā€™m in Marin and looking for a closer shop. My last one for the Model Y was in Vallejo which wasnā€™t too far (and they could deal with the Yā€™s long roof glass) but Iā€™m looking for someone with recognized Rivian experience.

saidin

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

do you remember roughly what he quoted ?
I am looking for a full wrap on my r1s and they are coming in around $3k higher than at least 1 other place in the area

s0ysauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

9.5 for full at OCDetailing. That includes the prep work and ceramic coating on top of your PPF.

do you remember roughly what he quoted ?
I am looking for a full wrap on my r1s and they are coming in around $3k higher than at least 1 other place in the area
Sponsored