First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Mercedes 450GLS
Occupation
Airline Operations
For anyone who has wrapped their R1T, can you give me an idea of how long the entire process took? I'm on day nine of a stealth wrap and now won't get the truck back until tomorrow (its been a brutal wait after only having the truck for three days). It was only supposed to take seven days max, but I know this is their first Rivian, which can be more challenging, so I'm trying to keep my cool. My Model S took about five days back in 2017 if I remember correctly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
I had the front (bumper, lights, hood, fenders, a-pillars, mirrors) done on Tuesday and they had the truck for 8 hours. I was quoted anywhere from 1 to 3 days for this by various installers. For the full truck I was quoted 5 to 7 work days.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

While I don't have an R1X yet, my guy takes a full two weeks to wrap and tint my vehicles and I would anticipate the truck will be the same.

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
It really varies by installer.

Front end only typically 2-3 days. Entire car is typically 4-7 days.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
My entire xpel stealth wrap, window tinting, and ceramic took a full 10 days. Had to also leave it there 2 extra days because it was raining balls for 2 days when it was ready - and my detail guy said to let the ceramic harden at least a day before getting into the rain. It was a horrible wait. Then, the dumbass that I am, had Rivian re paint my hood because you could still see the tiger stripes in the paint even after the wrap. Hood and some other repairs took another 14 days. Just got it back last week - and now have to wait 7 more days for paint to harden to then go back to my detail guy to re wrap my hood for the last time. It has been nice seeing the effect of the wrap right next to my unwrapped hood. I really, really like the stealth look on silver. Anyhow.... and the final thing I am waiting on is the Rivian hood emblem. Paint broke it taking it off. Rivian shipped me a new one, which UPS somehow lost. Always something, but hopefully the end is near - for you and me!

Sponsored

OP
OP
747 Whalewatcher

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Operations
My entire xpel stealth wrap, window tinting, and ceramic took a full 10 days. Had to also leave it there 2 extra days because it was raining balls for 2 days when it was ready - and my detail guy said to let the ceramic harden at least a day before getting into the rain. It was a horrible wait. Then, the dumbass that I am, had Rivian re paint my hood because you could still see the tiger stripes in the paint even after the wrap. Hood and some other repairs took another 14 days. Just got it back last week - and now have to wait 7 more days for paint to harden to then go back to my detail guy to re wrap my hood for the last time. It has been nice seeing the effect of the wrap right next to my unwrapped hood. I really, really like the stealth look on silver. Anyhow.... and the final thing I am waiting on is the Rivian hood emblem. Paint broke it taking it off. Rivian shipped me a new one, which UPS somehow lost. Always something, but hopefully the end is near - for you and me!
That must have been tough... a long and hard wait for sure! How does she look? Send pics if you don't mind?

Just got word from my wrapper I can pick my R1T up today... it's like delivery day over again!

OP
OP
747 Whalewatcher

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Operations
Beautiful! I was originally configured with LA Silver, but swapped to Midnight after waffling back and forth 20 times... love them both and that's exactly what I was going to do! Really looks sharp! Was curious if the ceramic on the tonneau cover helps it travel any smother?

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Beautiful! I was originally configured with LA Silver, but swapped to Midnight after waffling back and forth 20 times... love them both and that's exactly what I was going to do! Really looks sharp! Was curious if the ceramic on the tonneau cover helps it travel any smother?
That was the one area they did not do ceramic. He gave me a reason as to why, but I really don't recall any longer. How about you?

OP
OP
747 Whalewatcher

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Operations
That was the one area they did not do ceramic. He gave me a reason as to why, but I really don't recall any longer. How about you?
I'm doing the cover...could not think of a reason not to...going to pick it up in a few hours. Hope it looks as good as yours...

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks great! Did they ceramic the bed cover?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Man, that was some bad luck with all you've been through, and with all you're still going through. Did all the rest of your badging go back on without issue?

I also had mine wrapped in XPEL Stealth and it took a full 10 days, plus two more to put tint and Exoshield on the windshield, with Exoshield also sealed on the roof glass. We'll worth the wait! Being the first Rivian my guy had even seen had some impact on the length of time needed, but I just kept telling myself that the time was nothing after 3+ years since making the reservation.

Best of luck getting all of your work done and getting that thing dirty this Summer!
Sponsored