Not open for further replies.

therealhoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2015 Tacoma Sport, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
SW Engineer
I joined this forum because I am also getting annoyed at the lack of communication and it was nice to have a community of aggrieved people to commiserate with. I'm scratching my chin this morning and thinking about how we might escape the circular discussions and turn this energy into action. The "VP of Communications" at Rivian is Nick Mulholland. Ideas for getting on his radar and creating more transparency for him regarding the negative groundswell and how to mitigate it?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mr-nicholas-mulholland/

Maybe their problem here is that they trusted the job of VP of Communication to a gentleman whose pedigree was built on shilling Haircare products *eyeroll*. Not that this means he isn't qualified, but I might have chosen someone closer to an industry associated with launching technology products, not Mousse.

<update> Reached out to him with the following:

Good morning Nick!
I've been constructing enterprise customer care platforms for various companies for 20+ years. Rivian intrigues me and I'm a preorder holder since March 2019. I'd love to hear about the process if you have anything to share. Informative comms to preorder holders have been scarce.

I was limited to 150 chars so that's what I could squeeze in. Hopefully that delivers the concern that informative communications are too few and far between.
Sponsored

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
They have not achieved a 200 a week rate. That's only a goal. That article has been misquoted so many times.
Production rate has exceeded 200/week. And R1S is now rolling off the line in limited quantity.

We all know in reality zero customer vehicles have been delivered...
We talked to a "real" customer this week who took delivery...in December! Interview segments should go online S00N. An anomaly for sure, but real preorder holders have received vehicles. I'm also hearing that real customer vehicles have made their way to "certain areas". No direct knowledge of this, but I do believe that trucking logistics is probably a limiting factor at the moment.

In short, stay tuned folks. It's not a farce, and we'll start to see/hear more in the coming weeks.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I joined this forum because I am also getting annoyed at the lack of communication and it was nice to have a community of aggrieved people to commiserate with. I'm scratching my chin this morning and thinking about how we might escape the circular discussions and turn this energy into action. The "VP of Communications" at Rivian is Nick Mulholland. Ideas for getting on his radar and creating more transparency for him regarding the negative groundswell and how to mitigate it?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mr-nicholas-mulholland/

Maybe their problem here is that they trusted the job of VP of Communication to a gentleman whose pedigree was built on shilling Haircare products *eyeroll*. Not that this means he isn't qualified, but I might have chosen someone closer to an industry associated with launching technology products, not Mousse.

<update> Reached out to him with the following:

Good morning Nick!
I've been constructing enterprise customer care platforms for various companies for 20+ years. Rivian intrigues me and I'm a preorder holder since March 2019. I'd love to hear about the process if you have anything to share. Informative comms to preorder holders have been scarce.

I was limited to 150 chars so that's what I could squeeze in. Hopefully that delivers the concern that informative communications are too few and far between.
Rivian R1T R1S Tick Tick Tick... 914BB3F6-B5A0-4EA3-BA32-DA50448D0798
Welcome to the couch!

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
@skyote you have the best sig I’ve seen

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Production rate has exceeded 200/week. And R1S is now rolling off the line in limited quantity.
@skyote What is your basis for stating R1S are coming off the line?

Rivian has not taken a single action that warrants giving it the benefit of the doubt on production or deliveries to this point but I hope you are right.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

@skyote What is your basis for stating R1S are coming off the line?

Rivian has not taken a single action that warrants giving it the benefit of the doubt on production or deliveries to this point but I hope you are right.
I just want to know the dimensions of the third row, pictures or video of the access to the third row and save as well as the cargo area. These are all doable now if limited production (post validation which was last December) is happening. They do not need to wait.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait

We talked to a "real" customer this week who took delivery...in December! Interview segments should go online S00N. An anomaly for sure, but real preorder holders have received vehicles. I'm also hearing that real customer vehicles have made their way to "certain areas". No direct knowledge of this, but I do believe that trucking logistics is probably a limiting factor at the moment.

In short, stay tuned folks. It's not a farce, and we'll start to see/hear more in the coming weeks.
I’m tired of staying tuned! And I’m tired of people insisting that customer deliveries are taking place when they are so few and far between that they might as well not be happening at all.

Delivering 1 or 25 vehicles in December doesn’t make a dent in the numbers Rivian has to achieve. And they keep on insisting things are great, when they plainly are not.

It’s dishonest. And disrespectful. And Rivian, if you’re reading this, it needs to change today. Not soon. Today.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I tried to search here but to no avail. Back before the June July timeframe delay this argument about non forum member/non social media retail customers getting deliveries was in play.I do believe the potential is there but one of the resident statistical gurus on the forum said after crunching the known reservation number, there was better than a 90% chance a forum member would receive a truck out of the first 200 retail deliveries. Not guaranteeing my memory is correct but that’s what stuck in my mind.
By the way I too was told by a credible source that R1Ss were coming of the production line but have seen very little evidence

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I tried to search here but to no avail. Back before the June July timeframe delay this argument about non forum member/non social media retail customers getting deliveries. I do believe the potential is there but one of the resident statistical gurus on the forum said after crunching the known reservation number, there was better than a 90% chance a forum member would receive a truck out of the first 200 retail deliveries. Not guaranteeing my memory is correct but that’s what stuck in my mind.
I think contacting the VP was a good idea. There is nothing to stop Rivian this afternoon (if they wanted) from taking a photo of a Limestone vehicle - the wet one in the phot surely has dried by now! There is nothing stopping them from taking video or photos of the second row seat moving, third row seat and space and cargo space in the R1S. If RJ can post a short video of him driving his kids around a parking lot to show of some R1Ts then this can easily be done on an iPhone today and posted - if they wanted. No pandemic, delivery or supply chain issues stop this from happening.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
By the way I too was told by a credible source that R1Ss were coming of the production line but have seen very little evidence
I'm assuming early R1S will be going to employees as well, but it does seem like there have been more "in the wild" pics & videos lately...

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm assuming early R1S will be going to employees as well, but it does seem like there have been more "in the wild" pics & videos lately...
Yes there does seem to have been more in the wild photos which is great. Nothing stopping them NOW sharing key information like third row access and space. They don't need to have made a thousand to do that!

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I’m not sure that’s a safe assumption. I got the impression that R1S my not be an employee exclusive at launch but that was me reading between the lines

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Yes there does seem to have been more in the wild photos which is great. Nothing stopping them NOW sharing key information like third row access and space. They don't need to have made a thousand to do that!
YES!

At this point there are only two options: 1) Rivian has made a decision not to share this information even at the risk of pissing off half of its customer and pre-order base. If so, why? What is Rivian hiding? or 2) Rivian has hired the most inept PR/Communications team ever. If this is the case, they should terminate every employee in both groups today for the salary and benefit cost savings alone - at least that helps the bottom line for earnings reports.

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
As a R1S customer fingers crossed there is much that was learned from R1T which is easily transferable to production ramp for S. Also, no tonneau issues. Rear seats are the only thing I can think of which may cause iteration issues.
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.