First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & OneWheel XR
Occupation
Oilfield Trash
20" is the minimum height if you want to fit a Gearpod. It's basically roof height and also clears your rear brake light and camera. I think it's the best height if you don't want it to match the crossbars. I can take a picture later if you want to see how it lines up with the roof.
Great info... THANKS!
Sponsored

mroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

20" is the minimum height if you want to fit a Gearpod. It's basically roof height and also clears your rear brake light and camera. I think it's the best height if you don't want it to match the crossbars. I can take a picture later if you want to see how it lines up with the roof.
I'd love to see a photo of the 20" rack mounted as well as a photo of your bed camera view (which sounds clear?). I want to put an order in for a XO rack but am on the fence between 20" and 23" (crossbar height).

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I'd love to see a photo of the 20" rack mounted as well as a photo of your bed camera view (which sounds clear?). I want to put an order in for a XO rack but am on the fence between 20" and 23" (crossbar height).
I don't have it mounted at the moment so I can't give you a photo of the bed camera view but you can see the lens in one of these photos to get a good sense of what it can see.

Rivian R1T R1S The Mounting Company's Pelican Boxes mounted on Xtrusion Overland Bed Rack IMG_4578
Rivian R1T R1S The Mounting Company's Pelican Boxes mounted on Xtrusion Overland Bed Rack IMG_4586 (1)
Rivian R1T R1S The Mounting Company's Pelican Boxes mounted on Xtrusion Overland Bed Rack IMG_5234

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I have the 19” XO rack and it allows for an unobstructed bed view. Any shorter than that and the camera will likely be blocked. The 19” XO rack sits right about even with the roof at the base of the antenna fin. My goal was to have the rack as low as possible, while still allowing me to mount my RTT as far forward as possible (not above the fin). I knew, with the 19” rack, I would have to shim it slightly to clear the roof, hence the 3/4” wooden shims you see in the photo. It works perfectly for my use case. Also, I’ve included a bed view photo.

Rivian R1T R1S The Mounting Company's Pelican Boxes mounted on Xtrusion Overland Bed Rack IMG_0170

Rivian R1T R1S The Mounting Company's Pelican Boxes mounted on Xtrusion Overland Bed Rack IMG_0112

Rivian R1T R1S The Mounting Company's Pelican Boxes mounted on Xtrusion Overland Bed Rack IMG_0171
Sponsored

Last edited: