First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
That’s great news. Right now for me the race is on between the R1S LE and Bronco Wildtrak. I know the bronco isn’t electric but still was too cool not to reserve one just in case.

But really want the R1S for around local.
Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
That’s great news. Right now for me the race is on between the R1S LE and Bronco Wildtrak. I know the bronco isn’t electric but still was too cool not to reserve one just in case.

But really want the R1S for around local.
I'm still holding out hope for an eventual Rivian-powered Bronco!

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Well at least I know I won’t have to go back by the Dallas location for a while haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is good to see Rivian doing their research and seeing that Texans love HEB. Next I want to see Rivian chargers at Buccee's
I had the exact same thought about Buccee's. What a great place to charge!

Sponsored

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

More of a lurker than a poster on here at the moment, but I’m in Houston. Finally talked my wife into a preorder of an R1T in May this year, but have since switched to a Blue R1S with the 20” AT combo and black interior. Now just to convince her to let us go through with it once the time comes!

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
More of a lurker than a poster on here at the moment, but I’m in Houston. Finally talked my wife into a preorder of an R1T in May this year, but have since switched to a Blue R1S with the 20” AT combo and black interior. Now just to convince her to let us go through with it once the time comes!
Congrats! I'm biased, but I think R1S is the way to go...R1T can't replace my diesel.

Take the wife for a ride/drive once they're doing the test drive events, and she might become an eager Rivian proponent!

Last edited:

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
Caught my wife playing on the configurator page a couple months ago. She was playing around with an R1S build. Didn't think she was going to follow through but we got the R1S picture in the mail a couple days ago, so maybe in 2023 we will be a two Rivian family!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Caught my wife playing on the configurator page a couple months ago. She was playing around with an R1S build. Didn't think she was going to follow through but we got the R1S picture in the mail a couple days ago, so maybe in 2023 we will be a two Rivian family!
I'm still waiting for mine... maybe I'll get the SUV before the poster ?

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Another Texan checking in, reserved an R1S about a year ago and can't wait to drive one. As we got closer to vehicle launches, I decided to start interacting with the community more.

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0T,2014 BMW X1,2007 Ranger
Occupation
Slacker Hacker
Checking in from just north of Austin. I'm late to the party. I placed an R1T pre-order about a month ago. I don't expect to see it until sometime in 2024. I can wait. I'm planning to keep this for a long long time once I get it.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Limestone, 21Inch
Anyone know the latest on the Austin center? Last I heard, it was supposed to be open by now.

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
I drove by what I heard was the location. Near Lamar and 183. No progress. But the property would work for show room and garage bays for service. The address I think they had tried to get was 622 morrow street. But I never confirmed they secured the property either.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Checking in from just north of Austin.
Welcome, I'm north as well (Leander) & we have quite a few here from Austin & Central TX.

I drove by what I heard was the location. Near Lamar and 183. No progress. But the property would work for show room and garage bays for service. The address I think they had tried to get was 622 morrow street. But I never confirmed they secured the property either.
That's the confirmed location, construction is just behind schedule.
Sponsored