First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Got one of my many Tesla updates a few days ago, and noticed that they included a MyQ feature.

For those of you who don’t know what MyQ is. It’s a internet enabled garage door opener protocol/app that is native for Liftmaster and Chamberlin.

the Tesla integration allows you to open and close the garage door, but it also has a feature where it uses the vehicle GPS to automatically open the garage when you return, and close the garage when you leave.

Just adding this here in case some Rivian folks are lurking and wondering what features they should look at.
Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not sure if Tesla does this, but with MyQ on the iPhone and CarPlay it'll also show me the garage status when I get within a half mile of my house so I'll know if I need to open it incase one of my kids are in the garage. It's a small not very important feature, but knowing that the garage is already open and I don't need to open it is nice. Using the app to close it also beeps the garage door opener and flashes the lights to let someone know closing is coming. Again, not important but i personally think it's a cool feature.

OP
OP
jollyroger

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm not sure if Tesla does this, but with MyQ on the iPhone and CarPlay it'll also show me the garage status when I get within a half mile of my house so I'll know if I need to open it incase one of my kids are in the garage. It's a small not very important feature, but knowing that the garage is already open and I don't need to open it is nice. Using the app to close it also beeps the garage door opener and flashes the lights to let someone know closing is coming. Again, not important but i personally think it's a cool feature.
yea it does this. seems to pop up the visual around a mile from home. You can set the distance it opens for your return

i don’t know if it’s smart enough to leave it open if it already is open. But I would assume so. Haven’t had that case yet

SJaYx2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
For how much though? ;)

OP
OP
jollyroger

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Forgot that part, $45 for a year
I wonder if i'm grandfathered into something older, because I have the MyQ Homekit enabled device on my network that I setup 3+ years ago, and only used the MyQ app to get it integrated with HomeKit. The MyQ app has since been deleted from my phone and I've exclusively used HomeKit for the last few years with no issue, and no yearly fee.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I wonder if i'm grandfathered into something older, because I have the MyQ Homekit enabled device on my network that I setup 3+ years ago, and only used the MyQ app to get it integrated with HomeKit. The MyQ app has since been deleted from my phone and I've exclusively used HomeKit for the last few years with no issue, and no yearly fee.
It’s because you’re not using the MyQ service. You’re using the HomeKit service, which doesn’t have a fee. It’s apple notifying you, not MyQ.

The home bridge has since been continued, but you’re still able to use it via HomeKit.

OP
OP
jollyroger

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager