System Fault Detected

Skippy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
New R1T with 500 miles. 2023.46.0 release. Getting the System Fault Detected error…service required. ☹ No open service slots. What should I do? Drive or park it until I can get a service appointment?
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Depends. How are you seeing available "service slots"? You should contact your guide and talk about it. Chances are all you have to do is a soft and/or hard reboot, but in the off chance that this is a serious issue you should be able to get service pretty soon, depending on your location and the nature of the problem.

I see you are in Seattle. The Bellevue service center is really good, but they have a backlog of appointments. If this is a serious issue they will get you in immediately.

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Limestone Black Mountain
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I recommend you go into your rivian app and call the 24x7 support. They will likely walk you through a reboot process that might clear up the error, or, if not, help you get access to whatever service you require. In my one experience, they were super.

OP
OP

Skippy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just finished with the support line and they sent a “forced sleep” code…we will see what happens.

Sponsored

KCFGFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Configured)
Getting a similar issue. Did they ever find out what was wrong with it?

Erikbecker

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanical engineer
If you have some diagnostic tools like an OBD-II scanner, they can provide more detailed error codes, making it easier to identify the problem.
Also, I’ve heard that some car companies offer remote assistance services where technicians can help diagnose and sometimes even resolve issues from a distance.
Sponsored