Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Took the bait and tried this. Fits about 95% right and does the job. Until something better comes along, best $50 spent to solve this problem

I tried it, couldn't get it to fit at all.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
This is what I did. You don't need the best tint on the roof. I got XPEL with 80% protection or some sort. Roof is already kinda dark, so you just need the protection against the heat.
Any issues with the roof glass? Some concerns that the tints may overly heat the glass and cause cracking.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Did you have to cut it at all?
Haven't logged in here in over a month so I didn't see this. May be too late, but I had to do a little trimming. It was trivial since there is a gap between the glass and the rest of the roof. Just use a brand new blade or 2.

Sponsored

Jdrexler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Quad/Large. 2009 Toyota Tundra.
Occupation
Healthcare
I found that Rivian (both models) is in Manufacturers list on the HeatShield Store website. I have these for my last 3 or 4 cars/trucks and they are great.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-window-shades/2022-rivian-r1t-crew

This included windshield, the front windows and a Top shield so I bought them all. They also had a rear window which I did not buy.

Will report what I find when they arrive.
I'm curious what your review of this product would be. I'm considering getting the roof and windshield. Are you happy with your purchase? Thank you.

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
I have the heatshield ones on my R1S. Happy with the windshield, I flip it black side out when stealth camping. The roof shade I put in last summer when I first got it, and it's a little clunky looking. Haven't used it much since, but will in the summer.

Wanderer000

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T as of May 27th, 2016 Challenger
I'm curious what your review of this product would be. I'm considering getting the roof and windshield. Are you happy with your purchase? Thank you.

I ended up not using the roof or side shields because I added thermal tint all around inside so I cannot use anything with suction cups. I still use the windshield sunshade and it stays quite comfortable. I am happy with the windshield sunshade.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
Is there any update on the R1S shade? The website still says spring(ish). Summer is quickly approaching.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Sponsored

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
Thanks again OP. This thing is exactly what I was looking for! You just tuck it under the edges of the trim and it is great!
Rivian R1T R1S Sunroof Shade Option IMG_8431

kilik49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Kia EV6, Lincoln Navigator
Thanks again OP. This thing is exactly what I was looking for! You just tuck it under the edges of the trim and it is great!
IMG_8431.jpeg
I received mine yesterday but I wasn't able to get it under the edges of the trim. Any tips? I could only get it under the trim on the front of the car. The side trims and back trim were so tight I was afraid to press any harder trying to wedge my fingers in.

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
I received mine yesterday but I wasn't able to get it under the edges of the trim. Any tips? I could only get it under the trim on the front of the car. The side trims and back trim were so tight I was afraid to press any harder trying to wedge my fingers in.
Just pull down on it. You won't hurt it. A plastic automotive trim tool is ideal if you have one, since it won't scratch anything up.

dksski

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi, Land Rover, Jeep