Sponsored

Someone gifted (ducked) me a Rivian (Matchbox)!

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

So, this morning I was at a Denny's (in Yorba Linda) and when I came back to my car, there was a Matchbox Rivian sitting on my R1T! That was pretty cool, as I have been looking for one. I was very curious who would have placed it there, so I went to Gear Guard. Gary sees all! I was able to see a father and son (very young) put it on my windshield.

Thank you, that made my day!
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Did you order a "Moons Over Myhammy"?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
If there were enough of them for them to cost what an actual matchbox does I would be cool doing the same but mine cost me 11 bucks on Amazon. Not make or break but too much to gift to a perfect stranger.

OP
OP
Ladiver

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

If there were enough of them for them to cost what an actual matchbox does I would be cool doing the same but mine cost me 11 bucks on Amazon. Not make or break but too much to gift to a perfect stranger.
Supposedly people have got them at Dollar Tree and/or Big Lots. I keep looking when I go into those stores....nothing so far. I would like to get the pins that Rivian is selling on their Gear Shop, but they have been sold out for months.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I keep a couple in my door pocket for this purpose. I was lucky to find them at a local Dollar Tree, and everytime I see them I buy everyone they have for just this reason.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Supposedly people have got them at Dollar Tree and/or Big Lots. I keep looking when I go into those stores....nothing so far. I would like to get the pins that Rivian is selling on their Gear Shop, but they have been sold out for months.
I finally got one myself yesterday at a local dollar tree in Central Texas. There were about a dozen on the rack. Don't give up!

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I finally got one myself yesterday at a local dollar tree in Central Texas. There were about a dozen on the rack. Don't give up!
I have tried 3 different Dollar Trees....all they have are those dumb-looking grey mini-bus-looking thing.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We were over in Destin today and hit the Dollar Tree. Lo and behold we found two Matchbox R1T's at $1.25 each. We will hold on to these until we see an unsuspecting Rivian in a parking lot. At a $1.25 we will be glad to leave one on the windshield. We need to come up with a term instead of "ducked". The only terms that I can come up with are "rivved" or "trucked". Someone here might have a better idea. Also, when you "truck" someone, should the truck be packaged or free range?

Brian

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
We were over in Destin today and hit the Dollar Tree. Lo and behold we found two Matchbox R1T's at $1.25 each. We will hold on to these until we see an unsuspecting Rivian in a parking lot. At a $1.25 we will be glad to leave one on the windshield. We need to come up with a term instead of "ducked". The only terms that I can come up with are "rivved" or "trucked". Someone here might have a better idea. Also, when you "truck" someone, should the truck be packaged or free range?

Brian
I just restocked yesterday too, found 4 more. I leave them in the package. They sit on the windshield better that way and are easier to see before driving off.

Here is one I left on Saturday. Normally my wife rolls her eyes at all the "Rivian stuff" but even she thought this was a fun thing to do.

Rivian R1T R1S Someone gifted (ducked) me a Rivian (Matchbox)! IMG_7839

Rivian R1T R1S Someone gifted (ducked) me a Rivian (Matchbox)! IMG_7838

The owner posted about it on Reddit. Made me realize I should put my instagram or forum name on the back to see if the owners are on here already.

Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Brian
What about “Matched”, like from Matchbox?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I just restocked yesterday too, found 4 more. I leave them in the package. They sit on the windshield better that way and are easier to see before driving off.

Here is one I left on Saturday. Normally my wife rolls her eyes at all the "Rivian stuff" but even she thought this was a fun thing to do.

IMG_7839.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

The owner posted about it on Reddit. Made me realize I should put my instagram or forum name on the back to see if the owners are on here already.
Seeing your photo, I also think that leaving the truck in the package is a better idea. The truck by itself could be easily missed before driving off. I think that I will also put rivianforums.com on the package. There are owners that are unaware of the Forums.

Brian
Sponsored