Sponsored

So when do they start building for production?

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
They haven't wavered on a June launch, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't be building before then. I'm thinking once test drives become available they'll be ready to start.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
They need to practice building some and this will result in some number of pre production vehicles out there. They will not be sold but rather given to employees and perhaps some investors for a sort of beta testing. These could be used for demos too. If they are going to be releasing cars to paying customers in 7 months I'd guess these preproduction ones are either being built now or will be very soon.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
In addition to pre production units that won't go to preorder holders, I expect they will pre-build vehicles prior to customer deliveries starting. The question is when they will start & how many.

Due to early preorder, I hope to be one of the August R1S deliveries.

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
I’m waiting to hear a review of both vehicles from a first hand (in the truck/suv) reputable automotive source. We’ve read about Lucid and I’m hoping Rivian isn’t far behind. That would get me jacked and keep me excited without needing additional details from Rivian.

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I’m waiting to hear a review of both vehicles from a first hand (in the truck/suv) reputable automotive source. We’ve read about Lucid and I’m hoping Rivian isn’t far behind. That would get me jacked and keep me excited without needing additional details from Rivian.
No reviews on the R1S yet. That might be a few months but Emme's not some random noob.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/features/2021-rivian-r1t-electric-truck-first-drive-review/

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner