endress14

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
These are my longest skis at 185. Just a comparison for fit.

Rivian R1T R1S Ski day trip in R1T - efficiency data 020F5A0F-941C-4A53-972C-965F4ED51EC6

Rivian R1T R1S Ski day trip in R1T - efficiency data 8103DD39-E9CF-4010-A5E0-E9D669CFD447
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

oybed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, LG, LE, BM, 20" AT
Wheels look nice - is that painted to make them one color / dark?

Sponsored

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well my Atomic Bent 100 180s fit…

Rivian R1T R1S Ski day trip in R1T - efficiency data 22C22596-2025-4C6F-935A-BB72C19FFE7C

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Well my Atomic Bent 100 180s fit…

22C22596-2025-4C6F-935A-BB72C19FFE7C.jpeg
Nice! Jealous of the closed tonneau

edit: on topic, 2.15 mi/kWh on A trip to summit county last week. Pretty chilly but not too bad… kind of impressed so far at how little the colder weather is impacting the truck

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Nice! Jealous of the closed tonneau

edit: on topic, 2.15 mi/kWh on A trip to summit county last week. Pretty chilly but not too bad… kind of impressed so far at how little the colder weather is impacting the truck
Don't worry it's not mine....I have a manual tonneau version coming unfortunately!

Ketchumall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT
Big snow dump last night out here in Sun Valley, and I woke this morning wondering exactly about range and can I make it to Targhee and back.

Can you say which Ski rack you’re using on top of your bed ? Appreciate it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
endress14

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Big snow dump last night out here in Sun Valley, and I woke this morning wondering exactly about range and can I make it to Targhee and back.

Can you say which Ski rack you’re using on top of your bed ? Appreciate it.
Thule snowpack

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Just finished our first ski trip in the Rivian. Drove from Manitou Springs (just west of Colorado Springs) to Copper Mountain. On our way back we did a side trip to Silverthorne which added an additional 15 miles. Total trip was 247mi @ 2.22mi/kWh and 111.3kWh used. This is about 89% of the battery. Without the Silverthorne side trip it would have taken 82-85%.

We have never been able to make this trip in prior EVs without charging. This includes an Audi E-tron SUV, Model X, and Polestar 2. We were very pleased on the performance.

Weather was moderate for this time of year. 10-20F on the drive in and 40F on the way home. I used the Conserve mode 2/3 of the trip. I needed the All Purpose mode (4WD) over Hoosier Pass and through Breck to Copper due to snow on the road. 5 people in the R1T with all of our gear in the frunk, tunnel, or truck bed. I left our cross bars with 4 bikes racks over the truck bed. But no drag from skis mounted on the roof.

Also the gear tunnel doors are so nice to sit on while putting on ski boots. My kids figured out they could open the rear doors of the cab, step onto the gear tunnel in their socks, and then put their boots on while sitting on the gear tunnel door. We are planning on bring a kettle to make hot chocolate and oatmeal next time. Such an amazing truck!

Rivian R1T R1S Ski day trip in R1T - efficiency data IMG_5757

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Just finished our first ski trip in the Rivian. Drove from Manitou Springs (just west of Colorado Springs) to Copper Mountain. On our way back we did a side trip to Silverthorne which added an additional 15 miles. Total trip was 247mi @ 2.22mi/kWh and 111.3kWh used. This is about 89% of the battery. Without the Silverthorne side trip it would have taken 82-85%.

We have never been able to make this trip in prior EVs without charging. This includes an Audi E-tron SUV, Model X, and Polestar 2. We were very pleased on the performance.

Weather was moderate for this time of year. 10-20F on the drive in and 40F on the way home. I used the Conserve mode 2/3 of the trip. I needed the All Purpose mode (4WD) over Hoosier Pass and through Breck to Copper due to snow on the road. 5 people in the R1T with all of our gear in the frunk, tunnel, or truck bed. I left our cross bars with 4 bikes racks over the truck bed. But no drag from skis mounted on the roof.

Also the gear tunnel doors are so nice to sit on while putting on ski boots. My kids figured out they could open the rear doors of the cab, step onto the gear tunnel in their socks, and then put their boots on while sitting on the gear tunnel door. We are planning on bring a kettle to make hot chocolate and oatmeal next time. Such an amazing truck!

IMG_5757.jpeg
Thank you!

This gives me hope for our adventures. Squeaked into the charger at 1% in our Model Y because I forgot to turn off sentry mode when snowboarding. Sentry mode took video of every snowflake I think. It was excited for the snow! Here’s hoping we can pull off similar efficiency because then our large pack will get it done.

Last edited:

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

IMG_5757.jpeg
Awesome thanks for posting!!
Sponsored