Sponsored

Size Matters

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T pre-order, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
So has anyone on this forum actually sat in a Rivian RIT? I am worried about the size. I am 6'1" and 250 and I like a full size truck but when it comes to midsize like a Chevy Colorado I feel cramped. And getting in and out I always hit my head on the top of the door frame. I have to duck to get in a mid size. Will Rivian be larger?
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So has anyone on this forum actually sat in a Rivian RIT? I am worried about the size. I am 6'1" and 250 and I like a full size truck but when it comes to midsize like a Chevy Colorado I feel cramped. And getting in and out I always hit my head on the top of the door frame. I have to duck to get in a mid size. Will Rivian be larger?
Well, Shaq fits....

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/shaq-fits-in-r1t.185/

https://www.teslarati.com/rivian-celebrity-appeal-electric-adventure/

OP
OP
Rockstar2020

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
At 7'1" Shaq barely fits in anything not custom built.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rockstar2020

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ok..enough Shaq. lol. Back to the OP, has anyone actually sat in the R1T that can talk about it first hand?

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Every public event I've been able to find regarding the Rivian has had the vehicle "roped off". So I doubt any one on here has actually sat in one yet.
On a side not I went to school with Shaq in 7th and 8th grade... Imagine trying to tackle him at football practice...

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
They do generally prohibit people from sitting in the vehicles at their events but I know a few lucky folks have had the opportunity, my wife being one of them (thanks again to Tony Caravano for giving my visually impaired wife the guided tour of the interior at Mill Valley). Unfortunately she's only 5'5" so her experience isn't particularly relevant to the over 6' crowd. We also have no experience with the Chevy Colorado to make any comparisons.

I will note that RJ is at least 6' tall, I'd guess more like 6'2" +/- and he is absolutely planning to use these vehicles for family duty. While I suspect the space will be more than adequate for the over 6' crowd, this doesn't guarantee you won't have to duck your head a little.
Rivian R1T R1S Size Matters 39233902_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.cdninstagram
Sponsored