Should I have a delivery window?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Hey all, I'm a 10/2019 pre-order that only recently was contacted by my guide. It's been a good experience thus far, she helped me change my config because I had max battery and I want to see my truck this decade. What she can't tell me is my expected delivery window. She said usually the account has a window but mine says "None", which she said also doesn't seem right. She's trying to find it by going through her internal process but it's apparently very difficult.

I should at least have a window, right? Even if it's 2023 or something crazy.
My deposit is from Dec. 2018, I had a Q4 window and did not receive an updated window. In talking with CS, they state I'll have an updated window by the end of summer which with Rivian's history is not reassuring at all.
Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My deposit is from Dec. 2018, I had a Q4 window and did not receive an updated window. In talking with CS, they state I'll have an updated window by the end of summer which with Rivian's history is not reassuring at all.
This seems crazy based off of the build in your sig. Did you switch your config very recently?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
This seems crazy based off of the build in your sig. Did you switch your config very recently?
I was originally Max Pack but switched to Large before delivery windows became a thing. I think living in NC (no direct sales allowed) and being 300 miles from a SC may be a limiting factor, but that's just a guess.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
It's the adventure package 20" wheels - dark AT. When I spoke to my guide in early July, she told me my original config was not likely to be made this year. The main culprit was the max battery but I think I had a different Tonneau cover as well that needed to be switched to Powered. So I changed those two things that she suggested. Other than that, I haven't changed anything and haven't canceled or re-ordered. I'm 7 miles from a service center in Utah. It's really bugging me because I could pick a truck from the Shop if I knew I was another 3-6 months away from my original config. I'd compromise on the color from LA Silver to Limestone if that meant 2-4 week delivery vs. ?????????????
I had a delivery window (Nov/Dec) and went ahead with a Shop truck instead. Like you, had dark 20ā€ and manual tonneau. I wasnā€™t too picky on colors (4-5 that I liked) and gave up on OC interior.

Result: picking up my truck at 11am on Saturday. Keep in mind that even if they give you a delivery window, itā€™s anything but firm, historically speaking. YMMV.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Doe anyone ever try writing the head honcho?/CEO? Is he on Twitter?

Sponsored

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
softlocked for 2 months and have never received a single email regarding an estimated delivery date. Each time I bring it up with either Support or my Guide, I get the standard "everyone will receive an updated delivery timeline email by the end of the summer".

This is my experience, verbatim. Itā€™s almost like Rivian has selected us as ā€œhopeful cancellationā€ targets or something with how badly theyā€™re treating us. Debating on writing an email to these people and asking if this is how I should expect to be treated after I drop $$$ on a truck.

SantaFeSpence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3LR
Occupation
Fun & Games
I placed my reservation in September ā€˜21 for an R1T, White, OC,Max and wrote to Rivian a couple of weeks ago asking when I might get my ā€œwindow.ā€ Hereā€™s the response: ā€œOn June 11th, we began rolling out updated delivery window estimates to preorder holders expected to take delivery in 2022, as well as those who previously received a delivery window in 2022 but have since pushed later. You can expect to receive your individual window by the end of the summer. This will come over via email - so be on the lookout!ā€ Weā€™ll seeā€¦ā€¦

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Call or Chat and ask what you original/ current delivery window is.

I'm in Burque and ordered about a week before you. I currently have an Oct to Dec 2022 delivery window. But I have not received an updated window (no post 6/11 email window update for me. I, like you, did not get a 6/11 email and have been told my new delivery date will be sent by email by end of Summer).

Mostly would just love before end of year for: I'm bicycling to work and carless. I can do through October no issue, but gets dark and cold in the mornings come November and December. And would be nice not to deal with any new tax laws.

We will see. New Mexico tends to get lost in the shuffle as we are less populated, tend to have a poorer population, and our dealership laws suck for new car companies like Rivian and Tesla.

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
Call or Chat and ask what you original/ current delivery window is.

I'm in Burque and ordered about a week before you. I currently have an Oct to Dec 2022 delivery window. But I have not received an updated window (no post 6/11 email window update for me. I, like you, did not get a 6/11 email and have been told my new delivery date will be sent by email by end of Summer).
I called CS a few weeks ago after not getting a hard answer from my guide and to my surprise (and by the sound of it to the surprise of the CS agent), I don't have a delivery window. This is coming from someone who confirmed their build with a guide on 5/18 (and signed a PBA). Itā€™s been three months almost, and yet no delivery window. How is that possible?

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I called CS a few weeks ago after not getting a hard answer from my guide and to my surprise (and by the sound of it to the surprise of the CS agent), I don't have a delivery window. This is coming from someone who confirmed their build with a guide on 5/18 (and signed a PBA). Itā€™s been three months almost, and yet no delivery window. How is that possible?

How close are you to a service center? If the build in your signature is accurate I had the same truck delivered last week. Based on feedback from my guide and how quick the process from guide contact to delivery the vehicle was likely in transit to my area before it was assigned to me.

Sponsored

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
How close are you to a service center? If the build in your signature is accurate I had the same truck delivered last week. Based on feedback from my guide and how quick the process from guide contact to delivery the vehicle was likely in transit to my area before it was assigned to me.
This is certainly a part of my problem, Iā€™m sure of it. Iā€™m right in between the Richmond and Atlanta service centers. Maybe just a tad closer to Richmond. Others on this forum have and success changing their address to be closer to a SC, but that hasnā€™t worked for me.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is certainly a part of my problem, Iā€™m sure of it. Iā€™m right in between the Richmond and Atlanta service centers. Maybe just a tad closer to Richmond. Others on this forum have and success changing their address to be closer to a SC, but that hasnā€™t worked for me.
Makes sense then, it's possible one or both of those service centers are at capacity with deliveries and service requests. A week on and I'm still waiting for feedback on my day 1 ticket.

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
Makes sense then, it's possible one or both of those service centers are at capacity with deliveries and service requests. A week on and I'm still waiting for feedback on my day 1 ticket.
This would be a valid guess (and I thought this too) but Iā€™ve seen folks in this region get guides after me and get their trucks already. Surely I wouldā€™ve been in front of them?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I think our issue is living in NC. I have an early deposit and it's been crickets with no delivery window.
Sponsored