Service appointment 3 months out ?

Slowduck93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software Exec
Drove from the East Bay to SLO on Thursday. As luck would have it a truck launched a rock at me that cracked the windshield.

when I first called the Rivian service team they told me that normal service appointments in south San Francisco (inclusive of window replacement) were a bit far out. Mid September. Basically 3 months out. Wow.

lucky for me the rock hit right in the drivers line of site and is considered a safety issue. So I was able to get an appointment for window replacement only three weeks out.

wish we could just go to safelite for this but I’m a bit apprehensive about non-Rivian service providers not using Rivian parts still.

anyone know how / when standard maintenance needs to happen? It’s not clear in most of what I’ve read for things like tire rotation, fluids, etc. and I don’t even know what is the same or different from my gas powered car service schedule.

I feel like maybe I better get a service scheduled for the fall, now.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
wish we could just go to safelite for this but I’m a bit apprehensive about non-Rivian service providers not using Rivian parts still.
At this point, it is extremely unlikely that there are even any non-Rivian alternatives to worry about.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
I'd rather wait three month ad have Rivian fix it. I have had horrible experiences the last three times that USAA funneled me to Safelite.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We are in the same boat about what is serviced when on an EV. I understand tire rotation and balancing. Is there anything that needs to be lubed at regular intervals? If so, is that a DIY item.

Being that Rivian's service network is severely lacking, there needs to be some DIY service and maintenance instructions for those willing and able to attend to these things.

Brian

OP
OP

Slowduck93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software Exec
I'd rather wait three month ad have Rivian fix it. I have had horrible experiences the last three times that USAA funneled me to Safelite.
That was my thinking too. And frankly why I went with Rivian as the insurance company despite it being a bit more expensive…they promise only Rivian original parts.

Sponsored

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

Drove from the East Bay to SLO on Thursday. As luck would have it a truck launched a rock at me that cracked the windshield.

when I first called the Rivian service team they told me that normal service appointments in south San Francisco (inclusive of window replacement) were a bit far out. Mid September. Basically 3 months out. Wow.

lucky for me the rock hit right in the drivers line of site and is considered a safety issue. So I was able to get an appointment for window replacement only three weeks out.

anyone know how / when standard maintenance needs to happen? It’s not clear in most of what I’ve read for things like tire rotation, fluids, etc. and I don’t even know what is the same or different from my gas powered car service schedule.

I feel like maybe I better get a service scheduled for the fall, now.
We’ve been asking for 5 months when the Maryland center will be open and have let all things go and living with them
Finally found out soonest appt is September
As for the $4600 rear T glass, State Farm is still haggling with the high extortion of the proprietary glass.

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Seattle area is 4+ months out. I have some paint correction for some stuff I noticed on delivery and the soonest was Oct 27. Even the support agent was like "wait, that can't be right..."

Spoiler: it was.

NoICE

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, formerly Tesla 3, Tacoma Off-Road
Clubs

For non-safety repairs, it's a 3+ month wait in Michigan. Nice crew at the repair shop, but woefully understaffed. I was prepared for the glitches of a new vehicle, but Rivian likely overestimated the quality and reliability of their vehicles' many parts. They need more technicians.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
It’s 3 months for non safety stuff at Brooklyn :(
Sponsored