Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Two potential routes...

One more twisty-hilly residential outskirts with awesome views, the other more back country roads with some decent straight-stretches.

Again...hmmm....
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Test Drives Registration! Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 6.44.56 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Test Drives Registration! Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 6.49.57 AM
Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

If this La Nina Pineapple Express has anything to say about it over the next week we'll also get to test out max wading depth at some intersections. ?

Two days to go....hmmm....
  • Garage Test Fit/Walk Around/Camp Kitchen (if available)
  • Dog(s) Test
  • PodCast/Audio/BT Connectivity/Stream Something Video over Garage WiFi?
  • Go Pedal Test
  • EA 350 kW Charge Test
  • ?!?!?!?!?
Do you mind asking them if they know what the next area is that they are going to cover with the mobile test drives? I am hopeful they will make the short trip down to the Portland area.

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Do you mind asking them if they know what the next area is that they are going to cover with the mobile test drives? I am hopeful they will make the short trip down to the Portland area.
Added to the list. ?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have seen my config in the area LG/FE and have my test drive on Sat am. Hope for that combo. Trying to figure out the test drive route around the Bothell/Millcreek area. Also, just received my Birthday Present from Rivian. Crossbars! (not "officially" supposed to open them until my B-day early Dec) though I don't/wont have anything to mount them on for awhile...:( Early June/2020 preorder...

IMG_0819.jpeg
Is your test drive Saturday, 20 November?

I've asked multiple times and still getting crickets about alternate test drive dates. I'm scheduled for tomorrow but we don't return till Saturday. Le sigh...

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
Two potential routes...

One more twisty-hilly residential outskirts with awesome views, the other more back country roads with some decent straight-stretches.

Again...hmmm....
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 6.44.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 6.49.57 AM.png
I'm kinda partial to the Snohomish route... that valley has some nice open roads that you could have fun on.

Why are you heading to the Electrify America charging station off I5?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm kinda partial to the Snohomish route... that valley has some nice open roads that you could have fun on.

Why are you heading to the Electrify America charging station off I5?
Gonna try to get some DCFC charge speeds if they'll let me.

Mcdoo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Is your test drive Saturday, 20 November?

I've asked multiple times and still getting crickets about alternate test drive dates. I'm scheduled for tomorrow but we don't return till Saturday. Le sigh...
Yes, 8 am on the 20th.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yes, 8 am on the 20th.
Were there any afternoon slots when you booked? And what days did it offer you? Baffles me they geographically restrict based on your personal address in an area like ours.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Just wrapped up my Seattle drive a couple hours ago, shared impressions in another thread in case y'all are interested:

1637102442156.png

1637102501584.png

Impressions:

Fit & finish are top notch, ride dynamics are truly astounding, UX is great. Didn't really evaluate performance (EVs are fast, yawn) but it handles great. Easily better cornering than my Model Y and honestly the handling felt less "tossy" while still being planted vs. my previous Model 3 Performance.

Great one-pedal driving - never had to touch the brakes and the "throttle feel" of the accelerator was very nice; a tad more forgiving at the initial toe-in than my Teslas, but plenty punchy in the bottom half. I would bet a lot of the slower 0-60 impressions are just accustomed to a tighter accelerator response.

Driver+ was fine on I90, felt just like Autopilot.

The most impressive thing for me was just how "tight" everything feels - no rattles/squeaks/chirps, nothing inside felt cheap or loose, super quiet on the highway, just very composed in general. Tesla falls on its face in all those details by comparison. Infotainment felt fine - I didn't interact with it a ton but everything seemed plenty responsive and certainly looks nice. Love the binnacle display with maps.

Exterior seemed great, no fit and finish issues. Launch Green is a stunner in person, especially on an overcast day - it really takes a lot from the lighting and is a super dynamic color. Tonneau cover was disabled; both the gear tunnel and tailgate didn't open the first time I tried the button, but I think the truck might have just been locked centrally.

Overall it outperformed my very high expectations. The only thing I truly wish was better (that isn't already confirmed to be fixed) is the exterior camera quality.

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Don't waste your time unless the charge is down enough for it to matter.
With any luck it will be. ? Uphill hammering!!!

Last edited:

Mcdoo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Were there any afternoon slots when you booked? And what days did it offer you? Baffles me they geographically restrict based on your personal address in an area like ours.
that was the only time left on Sat (assuming others had already been taken). There were about 3/day morning/noon and late afternoon from when I went to book and ranged from Monday to Sat... I'm guessing there will be more rounds opening up. Have no idea how I got selected.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Two potential routes...

Again...hmmm....
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 6.44.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 6.49.57 AM.png
Mukilteo route, going to stop at the Diamond Knot? ?

Hard choice. I'd go the Mukilteo route. You get the chance for some spirited driving on Mukilteo Blvd. Also get the chance to floor it on the Boring Express way.
I really like this route, I might have them pick me up at work so I can do it.

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Mukilteo route, going to stop at the Diamond Knot? ?

Hard choice. I'd go the Mukilteo route. You get the chance for some spirited driving on Mukilteo Blvd. Also get the chance to floor it on the Boring Express way.
I really like this route, I might have them pick me up at work so I can do it.
Hah! Love me some Diamond Knot! Hey Google...
Does Diamond Knot serve breakfast?!? ??

Can't go wrong with Knot-Tots, and pretty much everything else on the menu and out of the Taps. Not picky there. ??

Enjoy your drive.

✌❤⚡??
Sponsored