First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Just spotted a Blue R1T out here on Bainbridge Island. I wonder how many people gathered around it on the ferry on the way over!
Hmmm...the real question is was it a Test Drive or an actual Employee vehicle?!? ?

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
It looked like an orange plate (mfg plate?)
The blue one I drove for my test had an orange IL plate on it as well. Probably the same one?

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
The blue one I drove for my test had an orange IL plate on it as well. Probably the same one?
Definitely a Tester then. ??I figure we have less than the 25 Employee vehicles in the Bay Area. Guessing it's maybe a handful at best which is likely why we have not seen any on I-5 yet or just out and about.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

It looked like an orange plate (mfg plate?)
Did the plate look like this?
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Test Drives Registration! IMG_1836

I'm still steaming home, but my wife got to test drive it today! We live south of Port Orchard.
Questions for the Drive Team:
-How much does the off-road package affect range? "Minimally."
-What's the next area for test drives? "The next area for test drives is Los Angeles. They are not sure when Rivian would be back in PNW but advised checking the website often. You'd be able to RSVP online to any upcoming test drive locations."
-Test ChargePoint at home, see if it works at the full 50amp with 60amp breaker. "plugged it in and charged it, the Rivian said it was charging at a rate of 15-18 miles per hour which the guy thought was only 35-40 amps..."

Wife's Comments:
Overall, it was fun! The two people were really nice and answered all my questions. And I like the truck itself (this says a lot). It does so many cool things and is easy to get comfortable driving it. I'm really excited for you to actually get yours!
1. The Rivian is very quiet on the road so it was super easy for me to carry on a conversation with the other people while test driving (she is hard of hearing and it's normally difficult for us to talk during road trips). I didnt need to look at their faces at all, and we all wore masks!
2. It is bigger than a Toyota Tacoma but not as big as an F150, but in between them.
3. They said that the bike rack (Thule T2 Classic) we have on the ground in the garage is for a 2inch hitch so it would fit nicely on the Rivian

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Hmmm...the real question is was it a Test Drive or an actual Employee vehicle?!? ?
That was my test ride! Actually, mine had temp CA plates...

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What's the next area for test drives? "The next area for test drives is Los Angeles. They are not sure when Rivian would be back in PNW but advised checking the website often. You'd be able to RSVP online to any upcoming test drive locations."
They're not running Seattle separate from the LA first mile event?

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
? Bad news for us E. WA Rivots! I just did a live chat with JR at Rivian. He said our Ritzville location is too far from Bellevue (220 miles away) to get an invitation to schedule a test drive.
Sponsored