Sonar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyon Red R1S, Hyundai IONIC 5, Ford Lightning
Occupation
Battery Systems Engineer
Clubs

I'm in Monroe, and clicked the e-mail about 20 minutes after it came in and it was "Event Full". <YAWN>...
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I emailed CS and asked what gives, to which I'm told:

"Hi Riviot,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here at Rivian. I hope your week is treating you well so far.

I apologize that you feel left out of the current mobile drives that are ongoing in Seattle. I do want to reassure you that the event has additional invites to be sent out, and mobile drives are an ongoing opportunity that we can continuously send invites for over time. As a long-time preorder holder, we want to do our best to get you behind the wheel prior to delivery. With mobile drives and future demo drive events in various locations, there will be many exciting opportunities ahead that we are looking forward to announcing.

We greatly appreciate your continued support, Riviot, and look forward to seeing you at an event. If you ever have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out as we would be happy to assist.

Stay adventurous,
CS Dude"

MotsuNabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, MX-5
We had our test drive yesterday and, first, I will say: WOW. That thing is fantastic. It drives better than most cars I have driven, let alone trucks. The fit and finish are great. You don't need me to reiterate everything you have seen in reviews. But it was fun looking in the rearview mirror at the AMG S Class that tried very hard to beat me off the line :-D.

As for the mobile test drive logistics. Our guide was wonderful. She told me that there only two trucks in the Seattle area that are doing these right now. The test drives are 45 mins long and they are spaced 30-45 mins apart. She was spending the entire day in the Seattle area doing drives. At 90 mins for each drive, she can probably do 5 per day. She did say that the other driver was out doing test drives in North Bend yesterday, so they do seem to be expanding the range quite far from downtown. Clearly, they are capacity constrained right now. I got lucky to be in my inbox when the E-mail came in. When you do get your chance, jump on it because it will be worth it!

RivChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WRX, 911T
Occupation
Product Manager
Clubs

We had our test drive yesterday and, first, I will say: WOW. That thing is fantastic. It drives better than most cars I have driven, let alone trucks. The fit and finish are great. You don't need me to reiterate everything you have seen in reviews. But it was fun looking in the rearview mirror at the AMG S Class that tried very hard to beat me off the line :-D.

As for the mobile test drive logistics. Our guide was wonderful. She told me that there only two trucks in the Seattle area that are doing these right now. The test drives are 45 mins long and they are spaced 30-45 mins apart. She was spending the entire day in the Seattle area doing drives. At 90 mins for each drive, she can probably do 5 per day. She did say that the other driver was out doing test drives in North Bend yesterday, so they do seem to be expanding the range quite far from downtown. Clearly, they are capacity constrained right now. I got lucky to be in my inbox when the E-mail came in. When you do get your chance, jump on it because it will be worth it!
I did my test drive yesterday and came away with the same conclusions. The drive really cemented my decision to go ahead with my order. It drives really well and doesn't feel like a vehicle from a start-up at all. The interior quality felt really good. The seats were comfortable (including the back seats) and the fit and finish seemed appropriate for a luxury vehicle. The only small nitpicks I noticed were things like the center storage not quite opening properly, the back screen was buggy and the tailgate button took me a couple tries to get right. The one I drove had the tonneau cover active and it worked pretty great.

The only other thing I'd comment is that while the truck definitely accelerates very fast, as the driver it didn't feel as fast as I expected (although glancing at the speedometer, it was indeed hauling). I think that was due to the fact that we had 4 people in the truck and it's just so smooth and quiet that you don't realize how fast it's accelerating. That being said, this thing is awesome and I can't wait to get mine!

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I just checked my email - found a reservation email from about 90 minutes ago...logged into my account and it was on the menu...and booked a session for 8:00-8:45 on the 16th.

I'm a Feb 2019 R1T LE reservation holder...had added my name to the 1st mile list...and bought 25 shares on the IPO. So...there's that. :)

Sponsored

cryogen97

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx9, Ford Edge
Clubs

Just got my email, I'm an R1S holder from Feb 2019 or so It was a few months after the initial announcement. But anyways, I'm set for Nov 18th

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Just got my email, I'm an R1S holder from Feb 2019 or so It was a few months after the initial announcement. But anyways, I'm set for Nov 18th
:facepalm: I'm a 12/4/2018 pre-order R1T LE with a Kirkland address and an E. WA address. NO DRIVES FOR ME ....YET!! :crying:
SO TIRED...TIRED OF WAITING...TIRED OF WAITING FOR YOU OOOO OOOO...

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
So two things...

1. How did I miss this thread on Monday???
2. I feel even more awkward posting like I thought I was the first in the area to get an email about it. ???‍♂✌❤⚡??

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Well have to compare notes on 18th. ?✌

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have confirmed a First Mile drive as well for 17th, except I'm not going to be there. I get back from deployment on the 20th! I'm very confused why it only allowed me to book Kitsap peninsula locations when there are clearly other Puget Sound drives going on at the same time.

I've asked CS if there are any openings for 20th or later, no response yet. Has anyone booked a drive for the 20th or later?

Sponsored

Richland Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ 2022 Volvo XC60
:facepalm: I'm a 12/4/2018 pre-order R1T LE with a Kirkland address and an E. WA address. NO DRIVES FOR ME ....YET!! :crying:
SO TIRED...TIRED OF WAITING...TIRED OF WAITING FOR YOU OOOO OOOO...
In Richland and feeling that we are getting no love in Eastern WA! My reservation date is July 2019 for a R1S. I understand why Rivian may wait to do first drives until they have R1S's available to drive. You are my guinea pig to test if the the Cascade curtain is in effect. Hope you hear soon and that we end up with the first R1T and R1S in EWa!

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
In Richland and feeling that we are getting no love in Eastern WA! My reservation date is July 2019 for a R1S. I understand why Rivian may wait to do first drives until they have R1S's available to drive. You are my guinea pig to test if the the Cascade curtain is in effect. Hope you hear soon and that we end up with the first R1T and R1S in EWa!
? I know there are at least 2 folks in Spokane and 1 in Omak, so that makes at least 5 E. WA people waiting. They could bring those two R1Ts they have in Seattle over here for test drives. I would guess there must be a few more over here with pre-orders, too. They could easily spend a day or two here to let us all test drive. We have 4 Electrify America DCFCs here in Ritzville next to motels and there are more up in the Spokane area.
We'd make the trip over to the west side if necessary, though. I just hope we don't get left out due to our distance from Seattle. :facepalm:

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Guess we are Seattle metro after all...had our 1st mile experience today near Olympia. Not at all disappointed...now if only my guide would call...

The only real question I have is whether/how to get a 2nd fob. My wife and I would both like one.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I have confirmed a First Mile drive as well for 17th, except I'm not going to be there. I get back from deployment on the 20th! I'm very confused why it only allowed me to book Kitsap peninsula locations when there are clearly other Puget Sound drives going on at the same time.

I've asked CS if there are any openings for 20th or later, no response yet. Has anyone booked a drive for the 20th or later?
A. Thank you and all our members of the armed forces for your service.
B. Im guessing after the 18th it's Thanksgiving so hopefully they'll start scheduling the week after for our peeps patiently waiting in Eastern WA.

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner

Was it all 45 minutes driving or 20 minutes showing the car at home and 25 minute test drive? I’m planning a route and of course this info will make a difference. My test drive is tomorrow.
Sponsored