Sponsored

Seat discomfort

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I'm 6'0. I love the seats. Way more comfortable than my Model S for long trips but not quite as good as some Mercedes or Volvo seats, but for a Truck, these are fantastic.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I personally find them to be very comfortable, and I'm not sure my head has ever touched the headrest. I'd have to be reclined quite a bit to touch the headrest with the back of my head but again, very preferential.

I like how firm and supportive the seats are and think the material is great as well. Feels very durable.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I'm 6'4" and absolutely love the seats. I sit pretty upright, and my head doesn't really contact the headrest.

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Does anyone else find these seats particularly uncomfortable?

I can not sit up straight because of the unadjustable headrests. Even if I try to sit up right there’s a pretty substantial gap between my shoulders and upper back with the seat. I can try to adjust the lumbar support but all that does is add a pressure point to my force hunched posture.

I can understand how these seats might be okay in a sports car with your feet out front but this is a truck and that’s not really how the pedals are set up. Is anyone else having similar issues? I’m really considering trading this for a lightning.
I concur about the seats. I cant adjust the seat low enough and I can't adjust the steering wheel height high enough to be comfortable. I have to drop my head to see some stop lights. And because of the seat height I can't get in the truck without my head grazing the top of the door jam and my legs hitting the steering wheel. And sadly, I was more comfortable in my mach e seat vs this seat.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Do you sit more upright or do you have the seats oriented more like a sports car?
I've never owned a sports car, so I have no idea how seats are oriented in one :)

But, I tend to recline my front seat a bit. Definitely not fully vertical.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I guess this is just one of the downsides of ordering online for some people. In the dealer or showroom model, you can try out the seats before buying. Rivian offers first drives and has the Venice hub but if you don't have access to either of those options, you have to hope it works out for you.
Sponsored