Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, VW ID.4
Occupation
Self-employed
Clubs

I wanted to see how many people are getting deliveries from the Sacramento Service Center in California; also, how was your delivery experience?

I had a Jan-Feb '23 delivery window until I confirmed my configuration and now it says "pending". I've seen this a lot from other members.
Sponsored

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
Sac service center has been nothing short of awesome for me.... from delivery to service

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired
Sac service center has been nothing short of awesome for me.... from delivery to service
Do you know how long it took your vehicle to get from Normal to West Sac? How long it took West Sac to do final QA? We're within our "6-8 weeks" window; our R1S left Normal February 21/22, and we're trying to guesstimate likely delivery time. Also, did they deliver your R1 or did you have to pick it up at the service center? Thanks.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
Do you know how long it took your vehicle to get from Normal to West Sac? How long it took West Sac to do final QA? We're within our "6-8 weeks" window; our R1S left Normal February 21/22, and we're trying to guesstimate likely delivery time. Also, did they deliver your R1 or did you have to pick it up at the service center? Thanks.
I think you meant to say it left Normal Jan 21-22? If I remember right, the whole process was pretty fast - like 2 weeks total. Transport was about a week and about a week to do QA. And they delivered to my house on a flat bed. But that was back in May (VIN 55xx) when they were trucking them out from Normal, and likely doing some other things differently now too

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired
I think you meant to say it left Normal Jan 21-22? If I remember right, the whole process was pretty fast - like 2 weeks total. Transport was about a week and about a week to do QA. And they delivered to my house on a flat bed. But that was back in May (VIN 55xx) when they were trucking them out from Normal, and likely doing some other things differently now too
Thanks, good to know about QA.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I'm WA, not CA, but it only took a few days for my truck to get from Normal to Bellevue. I think the entire process once 8 steps opened for me took ~2 weeks, and that was a day or two longer than it had to be because of some issues I had with my paperwork.

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Got my 8 steps yesterday (from an R1T in the shop) for West Sacramento delivery, will keep you guys posted on timing.

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
I got my 8-steps for an R1S I picked from the R1 shop on Friday for delivery in West Sac. It’s apparently still in Normal so I’m interested to know your timeline as you’re just a few days ahead of me. My guide gave me the “6-8 weeks” timeline… but really hoping for less.

Got my 8 steps yesterday (from an R1T in the shop) for West Sacramento delivery, will keep you guys posted on timing.

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I got my 8-steps for an R1S I picked from the R1 shop on Friday for delivery in West Sac. It’s apparently still in Normal so I’m interested to know your timeline as you’re just a few days ahead of me. My guide gave me the “6-8 weeks” timeline… but really hoping for less.
Still don't have a delivery appointment, seems like they are moving slower than usual.

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
So I got word from guide that my R1S has just left Normal today. They tell everyone 6 weeks for transport and QA, but it seems like everyone has been stating its been a lot less. I want to start setting up my insurance and financing but worried it could actually be 6 weeks which makes me re apply for the loan. The guides obviously don't want to over promise, but wondering if anyone has already been through this experience with transport time from Normal to Sacramento for Train or for Truck transport?
Sponsored