First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
Not that I’m aware of. It’s a reasonable risk to be concerned about. Wish it just had buttons or a remote.

That said, it’s at least a local Bluetooth connection, not service backed. as long as you have the app you should be good.
Did you need some form of extender for the 1-up rack? Your overall setup is really smart.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kylealden

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Did you need some form of extender for the 1-up rack? Your overall setup is really smart.
The Equip-D fits with no extender, but you need to take the bike off and tilt the rack down to open the tailgate. I added a Kuat Pivot V2 swingout so I can just move it aside without taking the bike off - works great.

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Using my Condor for the first time next week. It seems as though the hardware will work with the Rivian crossbars. Did anyone have any problems? Did it scratch/damage the crossbars? I was thinking of using something like Lizard skin or some other padded tape. Any recommendations? ty

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Using my Condor for the first time next week. It seems as though the hardware will work with the Rivian crossbars. Did anyone have any problems? Did it scratch/damage the crossbars? I was thinking of using something like Lizard skin or some other padded tape. Any recommendations? ty
Works fine but I eventually got aftermarket rack mounts designed to fit the Rivian bars’ contour like a glove.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Works fine but I eventually got aftermarket rack mounts designed to fit the Rivian bars’ contour like a glove.
Please share a link if possible.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Nice! I'm a fellow 'orthopedic adventurer' myself. After multiple shoulder dislocations, I had my torn labrum repaired and I feel as good as new and ready to head out solo backpacking.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Yeah, I used some padded tape and it seems fine. It's not coming off any time soon. It's heavy!
Padded tape worked well. Had no problems, and it was much more comfortable than a cot. All and all, happy with the purchase (free blanket is on the way).

Rivian R1T R1S Roofnest Condor Overland Roof Top Tent (RTT) + R1T 956A47DA-03D6-4977-95D4-423BDA372F40_1_201_a

Sponsored

mroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Is the bed camera usable or blocked when the condor overland is mounted on the rivian crossbars?

OP
OP
kylealden

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Is the bed camera usable or blocked when the condor overland is mounted on the rivian crossbars?
It's mostly blocked. You can see a sliver over the top of the tent (if the crossbars aren't mounted) but it's more than 75% obscured.
Sponsored