kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Glad to see they are working on a Sunday :)

I wonder what that SOS light means...

Its On-Star for Rivian which is awesome!. Means Cell connections are definitely going to be a thing coupled with the OTA updates. Whats even more awesome is the frame less review mirror.

Rivian R1T R1S RJ posts Rivian winter testing video 1613961547395

Its the little things.

Sponsored

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Ok. Who is going to do a rundown on the interior/infotainmen?
It looks fantastic that’s for sure. Nice to see it in a bit of real world view. Hopefully we hear a lot more about it very soon.

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
Does RJ look a little cramped? I believe he's tallish (6' I think I saw mentioned, but can't find the source now) but his knees look higher than I'd expect for such a large and spacious vehicle.

OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
RJ has been on a roll on Twitter lately.

R1S pic on 1/27
Finished R1S on 1/29
Testing with his family on 1/31
Amazon something on 2/3
Rebelle Rally vid on 2/4
Offroad testing on 2/10
More offroad testing on 2/13
Abbey Road on 2/17
Delivery video on 2/19
Drift mode on 2/21

Some of these were retweets of the main Rivian account, but still, nice to see some signs of life every few days for the last three weeks.

OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Does RJ look a little cramped? I believe he's tallish (6' I think I saw mentioned, but can't find the source now) but his knees look higher than I'd expect for such a large and spacious vehicle.
His knees definitely look tight, but I'm withholding judgement without knowing what is behind his seat. Potentially an engineer with a laptop, since they're tweaking traction control software?

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I noticed how how close he was sitting to the steering wheel. They definitely went out of their way to include the screen in the video.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

His knees definitely look tight, but I'm withholding judgement without knowing what is behind his seat. Potentially an engineer with a laptop, since they're tweaking traction control software?

I know this isnt from any of the current production test units but Shaq fit in this one, that should mean that there should be plenty of room

Last edited:
OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470

I know this isnt from any of the current production test units but Shaq fit in this one, that should mean that there should be plenty of room
Sure, there are plenty of reasons why he would have been sitting like that. That's what I was saying.

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Some people just drive like that. My little sister for example lol. I shared a car with her as a teen, and I always had to scoot the seat back because she had it 100% up. She's not short either.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I don’t see any Homelink buttons in that overhead console - do we know if Homelink will be included in the Rivians, or will they take the Tesla route and make you purchase that after delivery?
Sponsored