Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

Do you? I’ve been in Nashua, NH all week and I’ve seen zero 😂
I do. I live in southern NH and see several every day. I’m sure New England is not Rivian’s largest market but it feels like there’s at least a critical mass at this point to support more than one SC in Chelsea MA. My experience so far with Chelsea has been very limited but excellent and I just hope as the number of Rivian’s on the road in New England grows that service doesn’t get overwhelmed like it sounds like it has in other parts of the country.
Sponsored

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Still rare, but seeing more and more in northern/central Ma. (avg one a day), fewer in NH/Vt (Sunapee, Killington areas). I have had really good experiences with Chelsea SC but it's not the easiest place to get to and seems to be getting busier. I'd go a little further if one was located in central/western Ma or southern NH.

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
First time, long time...

I recently did a demo drive out of Chelsea and the demo guide mentioned that they're planning on a 2nd location, possibly in Canton MA. Take it with a grain of salt.
I heard a rumor from the service tech about another location that was better than Chelsea, but they didn't say where specifically. But probably anywhere would qualify as better.

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

I’ve heard word of the Canton location from several technicians at the Chelsea center. The original location was selected to support Amazon which switch facility locations in the eleventh hour leaving Rivian in a lurch. The Chelsea center, so far as I’ve heard, was never intended to support so many R1Ts and R1Ss.

Like the awkward location of the service center, the lack of RAN in New England are symptoms of Rivian’s underestimation of the area. As one employee told me, Rivian has been caught flat footed by New England.

I remember writing them frequently in the beginning telling them that they are overlooking us. I said images of wide woodland roads and soft fluffy snow tells me that they haven’t consider what the north North East is all about (apparently Pennsylvania is also North East so I’ve established us as north north).

I had hoped things were turning around with the additional service center and show room. However RAN stations north of Springfield, MA, and in West Lebanon, NH, tells me that they’re not really working with us. How about Medway, ME, or St. Johnsbury, VT, or Littleton, NH?

Anyway, I love my truck. Peace

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
First time, long time...

I recently did a demo drive out of Chelsea and the demo guide mentioned that they're planning on a 2nd location, possibly in Canton MA. Take it with a grain of salt.
Must have been the same person who handled my delivery. Chelsea is just so hard to get to traffic-wise.
Sponsored