Sponsored

Rivian Shop Purchase Process

Jeep Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hi, A new R1S leasee, it took 6 days from deposit to delivery from the Shop. moondoggy is pretty accurate, misinformation at every step, no help, no flexibility, last minute demands and changes. I suspect my guide must have previously worked for an airline or the IRS because she's been as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

The presale and buying experience was abysmal, the whole process had a "boiler room" vibe.

The 20 minute delivery revealed the vehicle is really good in most respects except the for the lack of integration of the simplest smartphone functionality, handsfree texting. This is functionality Johnson controls mastered for automotive applications in 2014 without Google or Apple involvement yet this seems to be bewilderingly difficult for Rivian.

Based on the buying experience I hope to never have to require service.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Update: I still have never heard from a human including no response from my guide. I completed all the steps and paid. My delivery is still scheduled for Friday. Hoping for no last minute changes…

Any advice on what to do/look for when I take delivery other than just the typical walk around? I don’t want to go overboard with some crazy checklist - but common issues I should check for?

Big Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Audi S5
Occupation
I do legal things
I feel pretty fortunate now. My guide was awesome.. never had a problem getting ahold of him, even sometimes got calls after hours ... process was easy (and I was waffling purchase/lease-- while worried about losing my 1 left pass on a VIN--pre-price increase)... 4 days from punching the button I took delivery... they were in a hurry at end of quarter, clearly. Still, delivery was just sign some DMV forms, get a 45 minute intro to the truck ... then "see ya!"... clearly Rivian has some kinks to work out of their processes...

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
Update: I still have never heard from a human including no response from my guide. I completed all the steps and paid. My delivery is still scheduled for Friday. Hoping for no last minute changes…

Any advice on what to do/look for when I take delivery other than just the typical walk around? I don’t want to go overboard with some crazy checklist - but common issues I should check for?
Just make sure you have the Rivian app installed on your phone and have your delivery person walk you through connecting your phone with the vehicle as the Owner. If you will have another driver, have their phone connected too if they are with you.