mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

As the former owner of a R1T and current owner of an R1S I’ve been through the Rivian service request process numerous times. I’m sharing my experience to date so current and future owners have an idea of what to expect including suggestions on how you may be assured your service requests are addressed.

To preface this wordy post I suggest Rivian owners
  • Create a personal service request log
  • Compare your personnel Rivian repair request list with the Rivian Work Order
  • Review all of the above with the Rivian rep accepting your vehicle for service
  • Review the work with the Rivian rep after repairs are completed
  • Urge Rivian to streamline the process
Whether you call customer service or use the Rivian app to submit an issue, the request goes through multiple steps once submitted to Rivian. It seems as though each request is vetted internally at Rivian to ensure that the repair may be addressed in an OTA update or directly with the vehicle. If you submit requests for any other issues they are processed and bundled to make their way to your closest service center in the form of a Rivian Work Order. Concurrently an appointment is booked for your vehicle. The exceptions in this regard may require a Rivian mobile unit or third party towing company to respond if your vehicle is disabled.

As your work order goes through the internal process at Rivian each issue is recompiled or edited by Rivian Service so that it may be addressed within the current Rivian Work Order / Service Center processes. Here is where the issue you’ve submitted may lose some of the details you may have included in your original service request.

To ensure all the issues you submit to Rivian for repair are addressed in some way I suggest use of the Rivian mobile app submission process along with photographs or video that help validate your concern. CONCURRENTLY I suggest you create a separate personal repair list or log you may use to compare to the yet to be created work order. Once you have received the Rivian work order in the app or via email then carefully compare the line items. In my case the list of services requests in the Rivian app cannot be relied upon for reference as they migrate and change through the internal process.

Based on my visits to the Mid Atlantic Rivian Service Centers a Rivian representative will accept your vehicle without going over your repair requests unless you insist on doing so. I suggest you use your personal list to review the issues when you drop off your vehicle. The same goes for vehicle pickup. While you may have received a notice that repairs are complete it does not mean all the issues have been addressed. To save you future time and effort and before you accept the vehicle after repair consider reviewing your personal work order list, the Rivian work order receipt and physically inspecting your vehicle. Keep in mind the Rivian Work order is not provided to you in printed form unless you insist. It’s also difficult to review on a mobile device.

In conclusion and to date it is my opinion that the Rivian service request process and Rivian Work order generation are bifurcated and lean toward indemnification on Rivian’s part. The process is not as transparent as it should be and creates confusion. It needs refinement.

Good Luck.
Sponsored