Sponsored

Rivian reservation holder welcome package.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Giving to charity is good... But people should understand there IS a cost. Even if it isn't directly itemized to you, the expense is built into the item/shipping pricing.
that can be said about anything. yes costs are built in, thats how companies make money. for this instance, my statement is saying that there is no cost to the customer since using Amazon Smile and not participating in it are the exact same price for the item. so ppl should find a charity and sign up for it through Amazon smile.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
that can be said about anything. yes costs are built in, thats how companies make money. for this instance, my statement is saying that there is no cost to the customer since using Amazon Smile and not participating in it are the exact same price for the item. so ppl should find a charity and sign up for it through Amazon smile.
In a single transaction, yes. But future transactions will be more expensive if more people use Smile. Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s necessarily a bad thing ā€” giving to charity is good. But I just think people shouldnā€˜t be mislead. It is not without effect.

Personally, I prefer to make direct donations rather than via corporate programs.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
In a single transaction, yes. But future transactions will be more expensive if more people use Smile. Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s necessarily a bad thing ā€” giving to charity is good. But I just think people shouldnā€˜t be mislead. It is not without effect.

Personally, I prefer to make direct donations rather than via corporate programs.
thank you for taking another positive post in this forum and turning it into to something negative. you are obnoxiously negative and are continuous with it. it is funny how you get offended and block ppl, yet act like this. get it together.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
thank you for taking another positive post in this forum and turning it into to something negative. you are obnoxiously negative and are continuous with it. it is funny how you get offended and block ppl, yet act like this. get it together.
I currently have no one on my block list. But if you don't want to see my posts then add me to your list.

I'm not being negative. If you are reading into it too much then perhaps your frame of mind is negative? I went out of my way to point out that giving to charity is GOOD.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Gigis Playhouse - Indianapolis

https://gigisplayhouse.org/indianapolis/support-us/

Their big annual fundraiser was canceled 2 years in a row now due to COVID. The down syndrome community is especially vulnerable to it due to weak immune systems. The gala was supposed to be happening in a few weeks but now is moved to February 2021.

My twins are due in February so I'm not going to make it this year. The whole reason I ordered the R1S was to fit all these kids I got on the way! lol
Hey there. Just wanted to say I followed through as well. Found a local chapter of this org and donated. Thanks for sharing info about this place! I didn't realize they were nationwide. Take care.
Sponsored