Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
You can just look at the specs of each. https://carbuzz.com/compare/jeep-gladiator-vs-rivian-r1t

R1T is 1 inch shorter (length), 4 inches wider, 3 inches shorter (height)
...and the R1T has a max height of 78.2" with the 20" AT Tires and suspension in the off-road drive modes, which is not referenced in that comparison you linked. All these comparison pics where the R1T is parked next to a Jeep/Hummer/Tacoma/F150/Whatever all have the R1T in low/parking suspension mode. Even seen a couple where it's in extra low mode for some weird reason, probably because whoever is driving it and parked it has it set that way for parking for easy in/out.

EDIT: R1T max roof height is 76.4". The 78.2" max includes the mini shark-fin antenna nub.

Last edited:

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
...And the Gladiator in this comparison also has upgraded tires and a lift, not stock height or on stock 33" tires listed in the spec comparison. Jeep does offer an OEM upgrade to 35" but I think this is aftermarket and those might be 37" tires. The 20" AT tires on the R1T are 275/65-20, which are 34" in diameter.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Not a fan of the Jeep truck but dang that one looks good. Too bad it has a little v6 with no balls and huge tires.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Not a fan of the Jeep truck but dang that one looks good. Too bad it has a little v6 with no balls and huge tires.
Agreed, though that V6 is pretty reliable. I had that on my first JLU Wrangler. I wish I had bought it or the turbo diesel when I upgraded to a Rubicon. The Turbo I4 I got is very torquey but sounds horrible. Itā€™s very distracting when off roading. Just one more reason to get an EV.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

The Gladiators look good on big tires but the ones on stock LT tires look bad. The big fenders give it a pigeon toed stance without wide tires. That said, if they made an EV version I'd be hard pressed to consider it. Given what it costs though with the truly terrible engines that are offered, it's not even worth consideration.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Wonder why the Rivian is missing itā€™s hood emblem?

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Wonder why the Rivian is missing itā€™s hood emblem?
It probably didn't leave the factory without out so either it fell off, which also seems unlikely, or someone stole it as a souvenir. BMW roundels used to (and maybe still do) grow legs and walk off like that.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
The Jeep Gladiator is on 17" wheels with 37" BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires.
Dammit! I see that was at the First Mile event in Sonoma -- I asked them to park an R1T next to my F-150 and they said "too dangerous, can't leave the demo track" ā€¦ pfft! : )
Anyway, this side-by-side serves the purpose, so thank you for making it happen!
Ironic that the far less capable Gladioli has woeful mpg and range, and would be surely terrible on those 37s. I wonder if it's even possible to stuff 35s or 37s under the R1T.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH

GWNavigator

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Big SUV
Clubs

Agreed, though that V6 is pretty reliable. I had that on my first JLU Wrangler. I wish I had bought it or the turbo diesel when I upgraded to a Rubicon. The Turbo I4 I got is very torquey but sounds horrible. Itā€™s very distracting when off roading. Just one more reason to get an EV.
...then there is the Diesel gladiator, with >500mi range and plenty of low-end torque. Having owned a small turbo-diesel truck, this is not a bad setup IMO.

Joewillie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Firefighter
I would consider the Gladiator 4xe version. The small ev range of 23+/- miles is tough to deal with and so is the $70k price. Not to mention it's not even been officially announced yet.
Sponsored