Sponsored

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Oh good catch! Nevermind. I didn't realize I can control everything with those two thumb scroll wheels!
I hope they install those steering wheel controls for the passenger seats too!

I am so pumped about Rivian's no glove, clean fingers, and smooth roads only policies. I'm super stoked about not being able to drive my car with gloves on or dirty fingers or on a bumpy road.
And my wife can't wait to learn how to use this custom UI while I'm driving. She told me herself!...some of her favorite things is learning new tech, me yelling at her to turn the air up, and she really loves the challenge of trying to hit a touchscreen button on a bumpy road. So much joy to be had! We can't wait. Thanks Rivian for the happy marriage! Me and my wife really bond over unreliable tech that has constant updates!
RivRev, your anxiety is not without merit but I have to say if you do purchase a rivian I think you will be happily surprised with just how easy it is to complete the tasks you are concerned about. When considering buying my model 3 I had many of the same concerns that you have.(even worse there is only one screen in the model 3) I have to say that on a day to day basis I don't even think about not having buttons or knobs anymore. In truthfulness I think using the screen for most things is actually easier. just like you learn where the knob or button is in your new car you just as easily learn where to tap the screen. The vents however can be an issue if you are the type that is constantly re-adjusting. It definitely takes more work to move vents in my Tesla but I have moved them to where I like it and I can't tell you when the last time I adjusted them was. bumpy road has never been a problem. dirty fingers still work (put a screen protector on and you never need to worry about damage.). Gloves, not sure but don't imagine many people drive with gloves on especially with a heated steering wheel. and lastly, the things you fidget with the most (volume and radio station) can be controlled with the physical buttons on the steering wheel.

All in, this represents a change. Many people (and I feel like you fall into this group)don't like to change. I completely understand, but if you give it a chance I think you will really like the new technology.
Sponsored