Software Engineer

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
I want Rivian to work but I’m watching them bleed $80/day on a rental car because despite my best efforts they still can’t get my truck registered in my state and it’s all self admitted to be their internal fault. Lots to go on their ramp. Can’t blame this on supply chain.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
I did a very quick read through the Q2 Earnings Call transcript and am disappointed, though not surprised, at the bland, generic responses from the Rivian team.

The good news is that Rivian seems confident in their projection of reaching 25,000 vehicles by the end of the year. Not much else falls into that category however. One of the things that stands out for me is the complete reluctance by Rivian to offer any guidance on the breakdown of the 2022 vehicle production.

While it may be the case that both EDV and R1 production have been going swimingly, and Rivian wants to hold the EDV/R1 production mix card close to the corporate vest so that they can pleasantly surprise shareholders and the financial press later in the year, the reverse is just as likely. In particular, the reluctance to discuss the EDV numbers is frustrating, and a bit concerning. Here's one exchange on that topic by CFO McDonogh in rsponse to yet another question on the product mix:
" . . . as RJ mentioned, we are working hard to build as many EDVs as possible this year. One quick callout is also the seasonality impacts that we have with Amazon. Q4 is really Amazon peak holiday period. And so for us, we are really trying to charge ahead and build as many as we can through the fall to get as many of those vehicles out on the road to service those customers throughout that peak holiday period over the next handful of months overall. We are not providing a specific target at this time in terms of the overall penetration of EDVs that we expect to produce this year."

I'm also disappointed that there was essentially nothing new reported on deliveries of the R1S and the R1T Max. I was hoping for an update on the EPA cert testing of the R1S Longer Range, but frankly am not surprised that it wasn't a topic of discussion. At least however, there was no overtly bad news.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RBR1S

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
^^^ True. If one is an investor in RIVN, as I am, you have to be LONG. Like 10 years long.
Taxes, etc. aside, I could bail now and have earned 100% already, in less than 5 months. However, I'll be waiting at least until I get my R1S back.

Question - Rivian can I just give you a stock cert back and you give me the fob?
Sponsored