electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...auto-body-repair-network-will-restrict-parts/

Lot's of good info in the article.
  • Rivian intends to establish a certified collision network to fix its electric truck and SUV reaching consumers next summer.
  • The network will be composed entirely of independent shops.
  • Rivian will establish its own network mechanical service and repair facilities but rely on “third-party collision centers,”
  • Logan said the OEM plans to restrict structural and high-voltage equipment parts, selling them only to the network facilities. Structural components would include anything “bonded, riveted or welded” to the vehicle, he said. He described the restricted high-voltage components as anything which would need special repairer training, calling it a safety issue.
  • Rivan plans to have service centers in the major markets, with smaller facilities in smaller markets. But for the collision program, it was better to have body shops in “as many places as you can.”
Also noted at the very end:

Repairers seeking more information about Rivian can also watch Logan on a virtual Collision Industry Conference electric vehicle panel Wednesday. The 11 a.m.-3 p.m. industry summit is free and open to everyone.
The summit is free and open to everyone but appears to require pre-registration. Hopefully someone can listen in and share some notes.

From the summit's agenda:
11/11 @ 1:30 EST: How EV’s Will Disrupt the Collision Industry (Panel discussion):​
[Panelists Mark Allen - Audi, Andy MacDonald - Lucid, Kelly Logan - Rivian,​
Mark Zoba - Nissan].​
The committee will present how electric vehicles will affect the collision industry. As​
part of this session there will be a panel discussion with 4 EV vehicle manufacturers,​
RIVIAN, LUCID, Audi and Nissan.​

OP
electruck

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
I had shared this info with my local body shop yesterday suggesting that they should check into getting certified as part of Rivian's collision network. Just got an email back from them indicating that they have now submitted their application to Rivian. Hopefully that works out for them... and hopefully I don't need their services again any time soon.

Pherdnut

Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Honda Civic EX - way overdue for upgrade
I had shared this info with my local body shop yesterday suggesting that they should check into getting certified as part of Rivian's collision network. Just got an email back from them indicating that they have now submitted their application to Rivian. Hopefully that works out for them... and hopefully I don't need their services again any time soon.
I like that they're proactive. Do you think they'd help me with my gear-tunnel/under-carriage-mounted full-amphibious stabilizing pontoon scheme?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
TPA
Do you think they'd help me with my gear-tunnel/under-carriage-mounted full-amphibious stabilizing pontoon scheme?
:CWL:It depends on how much money you want to spend. Maybe you should suggest this as a show idea for The Grand Tour or Top Gear, not that they haven't previously done a similar show.

Advertisement

Advertisement