Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3, GMC Sierra
Occupation
IT Sales
Howdy y'all!
I just made my reservation for the R1T (Oct. '21). I live in the greater Houston area and was wondering if Rivian has any presence in Texas in the form of a showroom or maybe a regular meet up location for folks following the company? If anywhere, I would assume the Austin area but just a guess.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Howdy y'all!
I just made my reservation for the R1T (Oct. '21). I live in the greater Houston area and was wondering if Rivian has any presence in Texas in the form of a showroom or maybe a regular meet up location for folks following the company? If anywhere, I would assume the Austin area but just a guess.
Congrats! No, no presence yet. There are service centers planned for Dallas, Austin, and I believe Houston. Was just by the Dallas location the other day, no outward signs of construction activity yet.

I would recommend following this thread.

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Houston first location is supposed to be at 20221 Carriage Point Dr I believe. Houston pre order holder here as well

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Houston first location is supposed to be at 20221 Carriage Point Dr I believe. Houston pre order holder here as well
H-Town represent! Didn't know that Rivian would have a location there. Kind of odd place off of Hardy. Houston is such a sprawling city I hope there will be a couple of other locations.

Edit: Out of curiosity, saw did a search on TDLR and saw a location at the Med Center:
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Print/TABS2021008810

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

H-Town represent! Didn't know that Rivian would have a location there. Kind of odd place off of Hardy. Houston is such a sprawling city I hope there will be a couple of other locations.

Edit: Out of curiosity, saw did a search on TDLR and saw a location at the Med Center:
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Print/TABS2021008810
Yep interesting area for sure, but its next to a rail shipping drop off location. If you look at a satellite view you can see a lot of new cars are stored in the surrounding parking lots before going to dealers. Well... right now one could assume those lots are pretty empty...

Good find on the permit. That appears to be for a fast charger station. Likely the closest one to downtown and the only one within the 610 loop as of now If their map is in any way accurate.

Sponsored

Morpheus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3MR, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Servant Leader
Greetings, DFW here, reserved R1T on 10/24. While hoping for delivery late 2022 or Q1 2023, I am hoping there will be a first mile event (anywhere) in Texas early next year if not sooner.

Anyway, just popping in to represent North TX.

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
Austin Tx. Early 2020 reservation R1S LE holder. Rivian has a property in north Austin just off Lamar south of 183 ish. Last time I checked no construction started but I need to swing bye again.

Welcome and congrats no hurry up and wait on your Rivian.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Representing the East Texas area. Any others?

SATXElec

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 BMW X7, ‘08 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Medical
San Antonio here. Pre-order for the R1S July 2020. Just watching and waiting like the rest of you guys and girls!

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
Drove by the location rumored for Rivian in Austin. No progress. But the space looks like it would work for a showroom and service center.

Sponsored

jkggarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Clubs

Yep interesting area for sure, but its next to a rail shipping drop off location. If you look at a satellite view you can see a lot of new cars are stored in the surrounding parking lots before going to dealers. Well... right now one could assume those lots are pretty empty...

Good find on the permit. That appears to be for a fast charger station. Likely the closest one to downtown and the only one within the 610 loop as of now If their map is in any way accurate.
[/QUOT
I work out by the Carriage Point area and try to drive by once a week. So far there has been construction but no signs or anything that points toward Rivian. It would be a good location for a service center. Toyota has there gulf coast delivery stuff right there so there are tons of new cars coming in all the time from all manufacturers.

Also a Houston reservation holder but I ordered the max pack to I'm expecting sometime 2023.

CYoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I drove past the Dallas location and nothing is happening. I wonder if they moved to a different location? The application said they would start renovation in September.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I drove past the Dallas location and nothing is happening. I wonder if they moved to a different location? The application said they would start renovation in September.
I suspect they pushed back that work when deliveries got delayed. Perhaps they will get started in January/February time frame in preparation for local deliveries starting sometime around April.

Wanderer000

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T as of May 27th, 2016 Challenger
I suspect they pushed back that work when deliveries got delayed. Perhaps they will get started in January/February time frame in preparation for local deliveries starting sometime around April.
This could be true as my R1T LE time window is April/May 2022. Is your delivery window the same?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This could be true as my R1T LE time window is April/May 2022. Is your delivery window the same?
No, I'm R1S LE with June/July window.
Sponsored