Rivian annual production target

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Once Rivian production starts do we know if the company has an annual production target in the first year and beyond?
Sponsored

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
According to the article admin just posted:

- Annual target of 20,000 to 25,000 vehicles over the first two years of production, and eventually producing 250,000 vehicles per year.

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Annual target of 20,000 to 25,000 vehicles over the first two years of production
Well, that's just unrealistic for first few years. That's 480 vehicles a week. That's 3 vehicles an hour if the factory is running non-stop. I can't imagine it will be anywhere close to that in year one.

The Model S did 17,000 vehicles in 2014 and only 25k in 2015. That's two years after 2012 production started. Plus Tesla had previously been producing the Roadster so they at least had some experience. I'll be surprised if we see over 100 a week in the first year by Rivian. But I also suspect they won't release numbers like Tesla didn't in the early years.

Hall Monitor

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5
According to the article admin just posted:

- Annual target of 20,000 to 25,000 vehicles over the first two years of production, and eventually producing 250,000 vehicles per year.
Nice that there's already a skilled plant labor force in town ready to take up jobs producing vehicles at a plant they've worked at before. Can't hurt in terms of production efficiency.

Well, that's just unrealistic for first few years. That's 480 vehicles a week. That's 3 vehicles an hour if the factory is running non-stop. I can't imagine it will be anywhere close to that in year one.

The Model S did 17,000 vehicles in 2014 and only 25k in 2015. That's two years after 2012 production started. Plus Tesla had previously been producing the Roadster so they at least had some experience. I'll be surprised if we see over 100 a week in the first year by Rivian. But I also suspect they won't release numbers like Tesla didn't in the early years.
Yea definitely on the high side in terms of the first couple of years, unless they are both lucky and have a production/manufacturing wizard running things. There's bound to be some teething issues at the start of production I would think.
Sponsored