Retractable Folding Mirrors

MisterTea

Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I really hope you can open and close the charge port door from the screen. Have they said anything about that?

In my BMW it's manual so you can't do either and there have been many times where I had to lock then unlock then lock then unlock my car before the charge port finally unlocks.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
Again I fully expect functionality similar to Tesla's with one excpetion. In the Tesla you can open the charge port door from the touch screen or by pressing briefly on a corner of the door or via the smart phone app or by pressing a button on the charging wand. It is this last feature that I do not expect to see on the Rivian since it will use standard CCS1 wands. The wand is locked in during charging and stays locked until you release it through the app, the touchscreen or the wand button. Pressing the wand button will terminate an ongoing charge but the key fob must be sensed. This is to prevent someone from terminating your charging session, stealing your UMC or CHAdeMO adapter etc. Rivian will need some way of implementing these "security" functions - probably be done through the app. The door closes automatically when the charging wand is removed.

ElectricTrucking

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I really hope you can open and close the charge port door from the screen. Have they said anything about that?

In my BMW it's manual so you can't do either and there have been many times where I had to lock then unlock then lock then unlock my car before the charge port finally unlocks.
I felt that need was lazy until I'm constantly getting a message on the Bolt that the charge door is open.

Advertisement

Advertisement